Trados error: (50052): Inconsistent data. Please reorganise the database or run an export/import
What happens when you cannot export and/or reorganize a Trados translation memory? First of all, in order not to get to this stage, make sure:
1. You make daily, or at least weekly back ups of your TMs.
2. You export on a regular basis your major TMs as txt or tmx.
3. Use attributes
for your customers, text type, etc. when working in big translation memories (so that you can easily export subsets).
You could try some of the following solutions. Solution A
Try to open the file in a different machine with more RAM (at least 2 GBs) and/or a different/more recent version of SDL-Trados.Solution B
1. Copy all these files in another directory
2. Delete the .iix file (index file)
3. Open the TM using Workbench and reorganize it. Solution C
1. Create a new translation memory with the same parameters as the problematic one and with the same name, in a different folder.
2. Exit Translator's Workbench.
3. Use Windows Explorer to copy the *.mdf, *.mtf, *.mwf and *.iix from the new translation memory into the directory where the old translation memory is stored.
4. Start Translator's Workbench and open the old translation memory.
5. Reorganise the translation memory.