Speedy Gonzales - Pat Boone (video clip and lyrics)

wings · 6 · 4905

wings

• Global Moderator
  • Vicky Papaprodromou
Speedy Gonzales, "the fastest mouse in all Mexico", is an animated cartoon mouse from the Warner Brothers Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies series of cartoons. Speedy's major traits are his ability to run extremely fast, and his comedic Mexican accent. He usually wears an oversized yellow sombrero, a white shirt and trousers, and a red ascot.

In 2003, he made a cameo appearance alongside Porky Pig in the film Looney Tunes: Back in Action, making fun of his politically incorrect status. At around the same time, he also made a non-speaking cameo appearance in an episode of ¡Mucha Lucha! titled Lucha, Rinse and Repeat.

Volume 4 of the Looney Tunes Golden Collection DVD series, released on November 14, 2006, has an entire disc of Speedy shorts.

Speedy Gonzales has appeared in a couple of video games, similar in design to the Sonic the Hedgehog games (some were even transformed into pirate Sonic games), for Super NES and Game Boy, as well as the short lived Game Gear.

In 1962, pop singer Pat Boone scored a top 10 hit in the United States with the song "Speedy Gonzales" which featured Mel Blanc, spouting faux-Mexican phrases as Speedy. It was also sung by Manolo Muñoz and A.B. Quintanilla's Kumbia All Starz.

In 2006, Volkswagen licensed Speedy Gonzales for a series of Spanish-language commercials for the Volkswagen Golf.[1][2][3]

Speedy Gonzales also made a cameo appearance in the Drawn Together episode "The One Wherein There Is a Big Twist, Part II" where his speed is attributed to the use of cocaine. He is also seen in episode "Mexican't Buy Me Love" where he is featured as one of the faces on a Mexican version of Mount Rushmore, the other characters being the Taco Bell chihuahua, Jose Leno (a Mexican version of Jay Leno), and a donkey. The mice from Speedy Gonzales's cartoons have also made multiple appearances, usually as references to illustrate Mexican stereotypes. In "Breakfast Food Killer," he is among the characters auditioning to be the new cereal mascot.

Speedy Gonzales appears in the Robot Chicken episode "Werewolf VS Unicorn" voiced by Seth Green. During the illegal aliens from Mexico segment, Arnold Schwarzenegger and Sylvester demonstrate a wired fence that will keep the aliens out only for Speedy Gonzales to get through it.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speedy_Gonzales
Ο λόγος είναι μεγάλη ανάγκη της ψυχής. (Γιώργος Ιωάννου)

wings

• Global Moderator
  • Vicky Papaprodromou
Speedy Gonzales - Pat Boone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIFgouHdlro

Speedy Gonzales

Written by Buddy Kaye, Ethel Lee & David Hill

Spoken:
It was a moonlit night in old Mexico. I walked alone between some old adobe haciendas. Suddenly, I heard the plaintive cry of a young Mexican girl.

(Female voice singing a series of 'La-la-la's')

You better come home, Speedy Gonzales
Away from Tannery Row
Stop alla your a-drinkin'
With that floozie named Flo
Come on home to your adobe
And slap some mud on the wall
The roof is leakin' like a strainer
There's loadsa roaches in the hall
Speedy Gonzales, why don'tcha come home?
Speedy Gonzales, how come ya leave me all alone?

Spoken in a male Mexican accent
Hey, Rosita
I hafta go shopping downtown for my mudder
She needs some tortillas and chili peppers

(Female voice singing a series of 'La-la-la's')

Your doggy's gonna have a puppy
And we're runnin' outta coke
No enchiladas in the icebox
And the television's broke
I saw some lipstick on your sweatshirt
I smelled some perfume in your ear
Well if you're gonna keep on messin'
Don't bring your business back a-here
Mmm, Speedy Gonzales, why don'tcha come home?
Speedy Gonzales, how come ya leave me all alone?

Spoken in a male Mexican accent
Hey, Rosita
Come queek
Down at the cantina they giving green stamps with tequila!!

vbd.

Hahaha, awesome!
I used to love this song when I was littler! :))
At last, I have peace.

wings

• Global Moderator
  • Vicky Papaprodromou
Stay tuned, then! Another one is coming. :-)

lionpsyche

wings

• Global Moderator
  • Vicky Papaprodromou
Μη σκας, κορίτσι μου. Δυστυχώς ή ευτυχώς όλοι μας κάποτε ήμασταν μικροί.

Search Tools