Magic Search [Reloaded] | One-Page Search Results of Multiple Dictionaries, Corpora, MT Engines, Search Engines

spiros · 33 · 175369

Franz

Hallo Spiro,
since a while every time I press Enter when searching a term, the dialogue of my browser (Opera Version:62.0.3331.116) opens, to save the side. It is really ennoying. Do you have any suggestions?

TIA Franz

spiros

• Administrator
  • point d’amour

Franz

I click "Enter" to start searching. It happens with all sources and about other browsers, I tried it with Chrome. There it does not happen.

spiros

• Administrator
  • point d’amour
You do not mention the search MODE. Just tried Greek>German with both One Page ON/OFF modes, on Opera Version:62.0.3331.116 and had no such issue.

I suggest to clear any add-ons and try the search with New Private Window or an updated Opera Version.

spiros

• Administrator
  • point d’amour
MagicSearch Update: June 2020

— Site switched to SSL. This means that sources that still do not use SSL (shame on them!) will be exclusively "click only", that is, not embedded in single page results.
— Multiple sources changed URL scheme and they have been updated accordingly, i.e. Pons, Evroterm, Evrokorpus. To get the latest source definitions, force refresh the page 3-4 times (Shift+F5).
— Symfony version bumped to 4.4. and php to 7.4.
« Last Edit: 20 Jun, 2020, 17:59:31 by spiros »

Gica32

• Semi-Newbie
Hello,
I'm very grateful for MagicSearch, it's immensely useful.
I hope I'm in the right place to suggest new sources.
For English<>French (and probably quite a few more language combinations), could you please add:
Thank you for your consideration.

spiros

• Administrator
  • point d’amour

Gica32

• Semi-Newbie
Hi, fracademic.com gives me a "Your connection is not private" error on Chrome. DeepL is just another MT engine.
Yeah, fracademic has a certificate issue... It expired two weeks ago. Hopefully, they'll fix it soon.
Isn't DeepL supposed to be much better than Google Translate these days?

spiros

• Administrator
  • point d’amour

Search Tools