TEBE registration in Greece

Guest · 6 · 11456

Iris

Hi all,

I am Dutch but living in Heraklion, Crete and have been working on and of as a translator for the past few years. As things are starting to get a lot busier I think I need to register with the tax office and TEBE. Thing is; how do I do this? I have been on IKA for a few years as well so can I transfer these "ensimas" to TEBE as well? Plus when I have registered; do I need to show all my invoices or just what I want to show? How do I go about VAT and things like that? I am a complete nitwit when it comes to things like taxes and such, so could someone tell me what to do? Any good bookkeepers in Heraklion?

Many thanks in advance!
Iris
« Last Edit: 13 May, 2005, 20:47:57 by spiros »

spiros

• Administrator
  • point d’amour
The easiest way is to find an accountant to sort all that out for you (otherwise you will have tackle Greek bureaucracy on your own - a difficult thing if you are a Greek, let alone a foreigner). As far as I know your ensima will be transferred.

The best way to find a good accountant / bookkeeper in Heracleion is to ask people in ... Heracleion.

This post (in Greek) describes the documents you need to register with TEVE.

« Last Edit: 13 May, 2005, 20:48:46 by spiros »

Iris

Thanks for your swift reply Spiros!

I allready have a taxnumber as I have worked in the catering trade for a number of years - do I need to apply for a new (business) one? Is there a minimal amount of money you can make a month without having to pay taxes? Or are taxes not that bad anyway?

Sorry to "fire" all these questions at you but it's all a little confusing ;-)
One last question; how much would TEBE be every two months? The amounts seem to vary greatly.

Thanks!
Iris

spiros

• Administrator
  • point d’amour
You don't need a new tax number. If you earn up to 4000 euro your employers can give you "απόδειξη δαπάνης". If you earn more 4000 then you must register. The bimonthly fees vary, they tend to be around 300-500 euro.

Fees info
http://www.tebe.gr/English/tebe/t_gp/asfal_eisfores_newn.htm
« Last Edit: 14 May, 2005, 00:31:07 by spiros »

Iris

Hi again!

I am not sure what you mean by this "receipt of expenditure". I work for various (Dutch) agencies, so do I ask each and everyone for this "receipt"? So if I understand you correctly ;-) if I earn less than 4000 I don't need to register with TEBE? But then how would I declare my earnings?

Thanks again Spiros!

spiros

• Administrator
  • point d’amour
The 4000 euro limit relates to receipts of expenditure issued to you by GREEK companies. Officially, if you deal with other European companies, you need to provide your own receipts (but you do not charge them VAT).

Search Tools