οἱ μὲν τὰ ἕργα ἕπραττον τῇ χαρᾷ, οἱ δ' οὕ

nerdprincess

• Semi-Newbie
Source: From Alpha to Omega by Anne H. Groton pg. 63 Ex. A ques. 1

***the last upsilon has the wrong breathing mark, i couldnt find it with the right one...

My Ancient Greek class has been reading the Oedipus Cycle (in English) for several months and my teacher decided to spring an assignment of actual translation on us. I've kind of forgotten everything and I've spent the last few hours trying to relearn it. It's not working. If anyone has the book and some spare time, do you wanna help me out? There's only ten sentences.

p.s. is there an easier way to type ancient greek? font or something? i've been copying and pasting from other topics.

vbd.

There is an easier way to type ancient Greek. You can set up your keyboard to type the appropriate characters (http://download.microsoft.com/...Greek%20Polytonic%20System.doc). Or maybe you'll like this method here better http://www.lexilogos.com/clavier/ellenike.htm. Just click on the character you're looking for, copy and paste.

Now, I didn't understand what exactly you need help with. Why would we need the book if you're gonna type down the sentences? Do you want us to help you translate stuff from the course book or from the Oedipus Cycle?
At last, I have peace.

nerdprincess

• Semi-Newbie
i need help translating the assignment in the course book. all we did was read Oedipus. we didnt actually translate any of it which is why i'm so lost right now. i cant remember how to translate since its been so long. i barely even remeber the pronounciations. itd be easier for me if u had the book so i dont have to type all the sentences but i can do it. soo basically im asking u guys to do my hmwrk for me since i cant. well i probably could but then id have to stay up all night.

billberg23

• Words ail me.
No, we don't do homework here, princess.  But we will help you with your all-night session if you can pinpoint specific questions of grammar.  So put your nose to the grindstone, and let us know when you get stuck.

Search Tools