Trados error: clean up does not work

Guest · 6 · 14466

Glenda

I am a new Trados Freelance 6.5 user and when translating text in Word and want to clean up text the following message appears:  (50204):x convert could not process C\ (file name). Has anyone received this message before and if so knows how to fix it?  Should I download the product again? Any suggestion will be gratefully received.

spiros

• Administrator
  • point d’amour
Hello Glenda,

Which exact procedure do you use to clean up text? Which version of Trados/Word do you use? Do you have a demo or the full version?

Glenda

Hello Spiros,

I use the standard procedure listed on page 3-11 Getting Started With Trados 6.5 Freelance which in the beginning worked perfectly for the first few months and now does not.  I am using Word 2000 and Trados Translators Workbench Version 6.5.5441.  I have a full version of Trados NOT a demo.  What do you think?  Is the program corrupted and needs to be uninstalled and then installed again, or can it be fixed in another way?

spiros

• Administrator
  • point d’amour
If I were you I would try to uninstall and reinstall the program. Do you get this error with any word file you try to clean up or only with the specific file(s)?

As you can see from the post Trados Errors: The server threw an exception / The remote procedure call failed I had a similar problem cleaning up; perhaps  you could try the solution suggested there.

Moreover, are you sure you typed the correct error number and text?
Because Trados appears to ignore it (just enter your error number at http://support.trados.com/search.asp to see what I mean).
« Last Edit: 26 Apr, 2005, 22:55:42 by spiros »

Glenda

I now get the error with all Word files. The error number and text is correct, but the Trados site does not recognise the error number.  If I have to re-install the program do I have download a new licence or will the existing licence still word?

spiros

• Administrator
  • point d’amour
You should have no problem with the license! In case the problem persists after that I would recommend contacting Trados support as the fact that it is an undocumented error is a very strange.

Try the Wordfast method anyway and see if it works. At least it will prove that there is nothing wrong with your Word installation.

Search Tools