Coptic inscription in North Jordan

liger555

billberg23

• Words ail me.

liger555

I don't know anybody that can .it well be very nice of you if you link me to someone who can translate it
:)

billberg23

• Words ail me.
An internationally known scholar of ancient Coptic has the following comment:
I looked at the text you asked about. There are some Coptic characters in it (shai, fai, hori) but the text is not recognizable as Coptic. The form of the sigma is rather untypical of Coptic. There is one Bohairic character, I think. The juxtaposition of characters is weird and I do not find a recognizable word. Could it be a magical text? It certainly does not appear to be a Christian text. I doubt that it is ancient. What is the medium? Stone, metal? And the location of north Jordan is also odd.
He asks a good question:  is the inscription on stone, or metal, or something else?  and what is its size, by the way?

liger555

Thank you my friend for helping me out :)
It is made of some kind of metal. it was found on a wall beside a cave.
A guy told me it is the spell that let you enter the cave(I guess he meant it is a magical spell)
Could that be true? I mean is there such thing ?
I think it is 1 meter long and half a meter wide (approximately)
https://db.tt/iM17wJL5   this is the size of it comparing to a cigarette pack
It is in the north of jordan
What do u  think ?
« Last Edit: 02 Oct, 2013, 03:15:06 by liger555 »

billberg23

• Words ail me.
We are certain that it's not Greek.  I'ts probably not ancient.  It's likely to be a magical text.
Beyond those things, we know nothing, but we'll keep the question open.  Maybe someone will shed more light on this puzzle.  Thanks for sending it in!

Search Tools