Greek to English translation courses

cafegirl

• Semi-Newbie
As a native English speaker (fluent in Greek), I am interested in taking a course/seminar in Greek to English translation only, focusing on literary translation. There are only a few such courses offered in Athens and I was wondering if anyone has taken any of these courses, has any advice for me, or can point me in the right direction...

Thanks...

spiros

• Administrator
  • point d’amour
I have no experience personally, but it would make sense to go for a tutor who is a native speaker of the English language. To my knowledge Thalia Bisticas is one of them and she is fully bilingual.

cafegirl

• Semi-Newbie
I found her info and will make contact.......  I agree about having a tutor/native speaker but I wasn't sure how to go about finding one. This forum/website is so helpful. Thanks again!

spiros

• Administrator
  • point d’amour
No worries. As far as I know she specializes in literary translation. Another one would be David Connolly but I don't know whether he teaches translation nowadays.

mavrodon

cafegirl

• Semi-Newbie
Yes, I see he is a prof in Thessaloniki... from what I read about him, seems like he is  one of the gurus of Gr-Eng literary translation... Does he ever give seminars or speak at events in Athens?

spiros

• Administrator
  • point d’amour

Search Tools