i need to help for translate this image to englis it is an antique stone :)

metafrastis

If you try a Russian to English translation via Babel Fish you will get "To the worlds" as a result.

As I stated above, I do not speak Russian but I do speak a little Serbian and that is why I started the cyrilic "research".

I believe that a photograph will be most enlightening.

Philip

• μεγαλώνουν, μεγαλώνουν ...
If you try a Russian to English translation via Babel Fish you will get "To the worlds" as a result.

I did, and got "to the world".  But Russian has six cases for nouns, & до requires a genitive, which would be -а  in the singular or -ов in the plural (post 1917 orthography).  If you google on до мир, you get a lot of hits.  The only Russian ones are where the second word is separated by punctuation or is part of a title or name.  I have just been looking at Babelfish with some Masters students, and it's pretty good, considering what it has to cope with (i.e. languages), but still far from 100%
But how shall men meditate in that, which they cannot understand? How shall they understand that which is kept close in an unknown tongue?

THE TRANSLATORS TO THE READER
Preface to the King James Version 1611

Philip

• μεγαλώνουν, μεγαλώνουν ...
I agree, a photo would certainly help.
But how shall men meditate in that, which they cannot understand? How shall they understand that which is kept close in an unknown tongue?

THE TRANSLATORS TO THE READER
Preface to the King James Version 1611

metafrastis

I put "ДО МИР" and I got "To the worlds"...  :)

Anyway, I trust your knowledge and I agree that Babelfish is not 100% accurate but I had no choice since I don't speak Russian.

rifatvarol

• Semi-Newbie
thank you verm much
but what about this views
they are digits or word

the treasury is how many meters to the worlds :-)

Search Tools