ρευστοποιήσιμα στοιχεία (Ρ/Σ) → liquid assets

Liz · 5 · 2357

Liz

I am translating a banking-related document that contains various abbreviations. Can anyone help with the meaning of any of the above?
I think ΑΣΕ may refer to some form of 'Council' belonging to a Bank and responsible for authorising loans.
Ρ/Σ occurs in the context of security for the loan - 'μετοχές ή άλλα Ρ/Σ'. (This one may be obvious, but I can't think what it is...)
ΚΥ (is (I think) another body (υπηρεσία?) within the Bank responsible for confirming the details of the loan. The K may possibly stand for 'κοινοπρακτική', as the context is a syndicated loan.
Thanks in advance.
Liz
« Last Edit: 12 Mar, 2013, 09:17:48 by spiros »

NadiaF

• ناديا فامي
  • Γιατί να το κρύψω; Ναι, είμαι μία φελάχα!
Dear Liz,

Could you give us some additional information for the ΑΣΕ (it could be "Ανωτάτη Συμβουλευτική Επιτροπή", but without context, I am not sure).

Ρ/Σ could be "ρευστοποίησμα στοιχεία" in the given context (however, again I am not sure, I've never seen this abbreviation in any finanial context).

And, finally, KY could be "Κεντρική Υπηρεσία", but again I am not sure without additional information.

Perhaps, if you gave the sentences where these terms are included we could be of more assistance.

Have a nice day!!
Μην κοιμάσαι, είναι επικίνδυνο. Μην ξυπνήσεις, θα το μετανοιώσεις!
Nadia-Anastasia Fahmi

Liz

Hi, Nadia.
On reflection, as ΑΣΕ and ΚΥ do not seem to be familiar to Greek speakers as standard abbreviations, I think they are probably abbreviations internal to the Bank concerned and that it won't be a problem if I leave them as such, in the context of the translation.
As regards Ρ/Σ, the context is that shares are being used as collateral security for a loan. If the value of the shares falls below a certain level, it will be necessary for the company concerned to supplement the loan security by means of other shares or other Ρ/Σ. Your suggestion sounds good - though I may offer it as a tentative, rather than definitive, translation!
Many thanks for your help,
Val

NadiaF

• ناديا فامي
  • Γιατί να το κρύψω; Ναι, είμαι μία φελάχα!
Following your explanations, I think we can safely conclude that  Ρ/Σ is ρευστοποιήσιμα στοιχεία (liquid assets). For the other two, I really don't know, but both could be used by a Bank to describe any of its departments / committees. I suggest that you ask the client to provide you this information.

Happy New Year!!
Μην κοιμάσαι, είναι επικίνδυνο. Μην ξυπνήσεις, θα το μετανοιώσεις!
Nadia-Anastasia Fahmi

Liz

Same to you, Nadia. And to anyone else who reads this - especially those who have helped me with the trickier aspects of the Greek language during 2006!

Search Tools