Recommend Greek books that will improve Greek, such as ones that have passages of Greek with English translation

spiros · 3 · 1677

spiros

• Administrator
  • point d’amour
Έλαβα αυτό το μήνυμα:

My name is Panos Aristotelous, I have a basic grasp of modern Greek, such that I can read it well and know some words, I am not fluent which is my aim, I am not confident at speaking Greek. I need to read and write out passages every day and slowly I will start to remember the Greek words and improve my sentence construction. I don’t have any qualifications in Greek, but I did study it when I was a child, so I know the alphabet and how to read Greek, and basic sentence construction. I was wondering if you could recommend some Greek books that will improve my Greek, such as ones that have passages of Greek with English translation. I will thus copy this out and it should help me. Preferably the passages will initially be easy and slowly get harder. I have some Greek book but there are no English translations, looking up each word does take along time. I will start doing that way. I plan to right some passages every day and i should start to get more confident, little and often kind of thing. Any other advice on the best way to self learn would be mush appreciated.

banned8

In the meantime, here's something in the public domain. A bit of translation I did some time ago, an unfinished product, but properly formatted for Panos's needs.
« Last Edit: 21 Nov, 2006, 16:40:25 by nickel »

Search Tools