ῥύσηται → he may rescue

Guest · 6 · 5373

ladyrain72

HI I'm new here, My Name is Sherri. I live in Canada.

The reason I am writing is because I am a bit curious what RUSHTAI means in english.

The reason I believe it is an ancient greek word is because when I punched RUSHTAI in the search engine what came up was Old Testament Bible verse. They were in the NAS bible version, however in the Old Testament Greek Septuagint LXX Version  I found this word.

When they translated it, it looked like this word would mean something like.." deliver" or " to deliver"..... but I am not sure as I don't know anything about greek languages.

Please, Can anyone help me? Thank you very much.
« Last Edit: 17 Apr, 2008, 03:59:32 by billberg23 »

frem

Sherri, hi. RYSHTAI is the subjunctive (third person) of RYOMAI (=resque).

ladyrain72

THANK YOU FREM !!!!!

Frem,  now what do the words mean in english? 

I await your answer eagerly... :):)   

SHERRI
« Last Edit: 30 Mar, 2005, 16:34:59 by spiros »

ladyrain72

I found this online on a website, when I decided to do a search on ryomenos...  is this correct???   Is this the third person?  Simply means , the Savior, Rescuer, deliverer????????

I'm a little bit still confused as to what RYSHTAI means then???? 

lol
sorry..still needing your help !!

Ladyrain

1. "Redemption" in vs. 14 is the Greek word apolytrosis, related to the noun lytron, which is translated as "ransom" in Mark 10:45: "For the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve, and to give his life a ransom for many." So apolytrosis has the sense of "ransomed from," which happens to fit the context of these two verses very well: "He has rescued us from the power of darkness and transferred us into the kingdom of his beloved Son, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins." (The word for "rescue" here is not related to soter, but rather is ryomai, which has a noun form of ryomenos, the Savior, the Rescuer, the Deliverer [Rom. 11:26].)

frem

Sherry, have a look at this:

“But deliver us form evil.” The word “deliver” (ruomai) means “to rescue, save, deliver, or preserve someone from someone or something.” When the believer is walking in dependence upon the Spirit he is delivered from the lust of the flesh. Whatever is undertaken in the energy of the flesh will fail, because it is not in the power of God. The only way we can possibly be delivered over our old nature is by the Spirit working in us (Rom. 6:14; 8:2). The most spiritual Christians are warned to pray daily, “and do not lead us into temptation, but deliver us from evil.” If we do not we are courting failure in living the Christian life.

As I' ve told you, RUSHTAI is the 3rd person subjunctive of RUOMAI. If you need the translation of a specific sentence (with RUSHTAI in it) you have to quote the whole sentence.

ladyrain72

FREM - THANK YOU SO MUCH !!!!!!  HOW MUCH I APPRECIATE ALL OF YOUR HELP AND INSIGHT AND KNOWLEDGE !!!!!!!!

GOD RICHLY BLESS YOU !!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search Tools