élément de travail → work item

Frederique

• Creative, Hardworking and Able!
élément(s) de travail work item(s)

Exemple:
Vous avez créé un nouveau plan d'itération qui inclura toutes les éléments de travail assignés à L'équipe Prélude qui ciblent le jalon M1. Pour l'instant, aucun des éléments de travail ne sont encore attribués à cette étape et à cette équipe.

Example:
You have now created a new iteration plan that will include all the work items assigned to the Prelude Team that target the milestone M1. For now, none of the work items are assigned to that milestone and team yet.

« Last Edit: 31 Oct, 2009, 01:28:29 by spiros »
Communicate. Explore potentials. Find solutions.

vmelas

Frederique, please provide context and sources for the terminology matching you are presenting here. I find it for example highly improbable that "élément(s) de travail" = "operation(s)"; you have entered that both have the same translation into English as "work item(s)", while the second one is definitely operations (at least in a broad context).

Frederique

Thank you Βαλεντίνη :-)
« Last Edit: 05 Sep, 2009, 14:45:57 by Frederique »

vmelas

So, you'll be correcting the entry for "operation(s)" and adding reference sources?

Frederique

So, you'll be correcting the entry for "operation(s)" and adding reference sources?
No, I will just remove it!. The reference source was yours truly :-)

vmelas

I am a firm believer that the statement "I am the source of the translation" is not an adequate reason for anyone to follow anyone's proposal. So, in order to offer some substantiation for this terminological pair, here is the bilingual search using these terms. If anyone looks up the terms in the Microsoft Glossary, please be aware that there is an error; the glossary states "operations" as the translation for "work items", which is not correct.

The reason why a work item is not an operation is clear by the definition that Microsoft itself (through MSDN) provides for work item: A work item is defined as: An object that represents an operation that is scheduled to run at or after a specific time. (Source: MSDN). So, as you can see, if you choose to translate the object representing an operation as the operation itself you end up with a tautology in your translation.

Frederique, in the future can you at least offer a Google search along with the pair you are putting up? This whole board is void of any sources upon which you based your translations.

Frederique

Dear Βαλεντίνη μου, What happened to your sense of humour? Όλα αυτά που προτείνεις, τα κάνω έτσι κι αλλιώς. Και σκοπεύω να γεμίσω τα κενά με πηγές στο board. Χαίρομαι ότι δεν είμαι η μόνη που περνάω το Σαββατοκύριακο στον υπολογιστή :-)

Vion

Και μένα με μπερδεύει συχνά το ότι λέξεις που μοιάζουν στις δύο γλώσσες έχουν συχνά τόσο διαφορετικές έννοιες, και αυτό ήθελα να προσθέσω.
Microsoft translates Work Items as Opérations in French versions of Windows.

In French, Opérations has a broader meaning than the English Operations where Opération is defined as mechanism, operation, workings, or project, depending on context.
Βεβαίως το «éléments de travail» είναι πάντοτε σωστό :-)
« Last Edit: 06 Sep, 2009, 16:26:52 by Frederique »

vmelas

Vion, re-read my initial message. I already pointed out that Microsoft translates it as "Opération" but no matter how you look at it an operation is not the same as the object representing it.

Search Tools