for real → όντως, τωόντι, πράγματι, στ' αλήθεια, πραγματικά, αληθινός, αληθινή, αληθινό, πραγματικός, πραγματική, πραγματικό, σοβαρός, σοβαρή, σοβαρό, σοβαρά, να το πιστέψω, σοβαρά μιλάς

spiros · 9 · 1354

spiros

• Administrator
  • point d’amour
for real → όντως, πράγματι, στ' αλήθεια, πραγματικά, αληθινός, αληθινή, αληθινό, πραγματικός, πραγματική, πραγματικό, σοβαρός, σοβαρή, σοβαρό, σοβαρά, να το πιστέψω

for real
genuine; not imaginary.
1. actually or truly When they told me I had an unlimited budget I knew this was not for real.
Usage notes: often said in reaction to what someone else says: “I don't think I'm going to the party.” “For real?”
2. as good as it seems Any time an unknown player does something amazing, people wonder if he is for real.
for real - Idioms - by the Free Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

Σε τέτοια συμφραζόμενα, πώς θα το λέγατε:

I arrived that afternoon and began to walk up Fifth Avenue to meet my sister-in-law. I was still very calm after so many years of practice. I walked as if I were meditating, letting shops such as Tiffany’s and the crowds of passersby be the same in my mind as the wind and the trees of my forest monastery. I was to meet my sister-in-law in front of Elizabeth Arden’s. She had been given a birthday certificate for a full day of care in that establishment, including facial, hairdo, massage, manicure, and more. I arrived at Elizabeth Arden’s at four o’clock as promised, but she did not appear. After some period of waiting, I went inside. “May I help you?” exclaimed the shocked receptionist as I entered. “Yes, I’m looking for Tori Kornfield.” “Oh,” she replied. “She’s not finished yet. There’s a waiting lounge on the fourth floor.” So I took the elevator to the fourth floor. Coming out of the door, I met the waiting lounge receptionist, who also inquired in a slightly incredulous tone, “May I help you?” I told her I was waiting for my sister-in-law and was instructed to take a seat.

I sat on a comfortable couch, and after waiting a few minutes, I decided to cross my legs, close my eyes, and meditate. I was a monk after all, and what else was there to do? After ten minutes I began to hear laughter and noises. I continued to meditate, but finally I heard a group of voices and a loud exclamation of “Is he for real?” from the hall across the room, which caused me to open my eyes. I saw eight or ten women dressed in Elizabeth Arden “nighties” (the gowns given them for the day) staring at me. Many had their hair in rollers or in other multiple fishing-reel-shaped contraptions. Several had what looked like green avocado smeared on their faces. Others were covered with mud. I looked back at them and wondered what realm I had been born into and heard myself say, “Are they for real?”

« Last Edit: 18 Sep, 2013, 17:02:25 by spiros »

crystal

τσιμπήστε με

Σπύρο, στο κείμενο που έδωσες θα επέλεγα κάτι ανάμεσα σε: (μα) είναι δυνατόν, υπάρχει στ' αλήθεια, υπάρχουν στ' αλήθεια, καλά βλέπω ή ονειρεύομαι, είναι αληθινός ή ονειρεύομαι, είναι δυνατόν να είναι αληθινά όλα αυτά, είναι δυνατόν να συμβαίνουν όλα αυτά.

crystal

Search Tools