Tattoos and Ancient Greek

Guest · 2415 · 1257021

billberg23

• Words ail me.
Hi Billberg23,
I was going throught the forum, and i found another translation for "Always by my side". Is quite different from what you translated for me.

Always by my side = Πάντα δίπλα μου (Literally "Always next to me")

I'm totally clueless about greek words. Just need to clarify and make sure before i ink it on my arm.
Sorry for the trouble.
No trouble at all, Kim.  Πάντα δίπλα μου is modern Greek, and you had asked for ancient Greek.

InHocSignoVinces

• Semi-Newbie
Treandafilia and Billberg,

Thanks so much for your input. The translation I had for God is love was the same that you gave Trea.

And ancient Greek is almost the same.  Humble = ταπεινός masculine, ταπεινή feminine.
Humility = ἡ ταπεινότης.

Was the last translation you gave for Humility be most like what is found in the New Testament?

-IHSV

billberg23

• Words ail me.

harrypoli

• Semi-Newbie
Hi There,

My first post, and I'd like to thank you for a great forum and your kind help. There are a small number of saying which I would like to have translated into a gif image in the Lithos Pro font if possible so I can compare how they look side by side. Quotes are are follows and your help is greatly appreciated.

Οὐδὲν τοῖς θαρροῦσιν ἀνάλωτον
οὐδέν ἀδύνατον
γνῶθι σαυτόν
μηδέν ἄγαν
ΔΟΣ ΜΟΙ ΠΑ ΣΤΩ ΚΑΙ ΤΑΝ ΓΑΝ ΚΙΝΑΣΩ

Regards
Harry

banned8

I hope you realize that Lithos is an upper-case font, like ancient Greek writing.

« Last Edit: 20 Apr, 2007, 17:09:38 by nickel »

harrypoli

• Semi-Newbie
Nickel,

That was incredibly quick. Thank you. I understand it is uppercase and I think it's a fantastic looking font. As long as the meaning of the quote remains intact this is the font I prefer.

Now the challenge will be for a Greek Australian currently living in Shanghai China to find a reputable tattoo artist!

Thank you again
Harry

nicolettaninos

Hi everyone,

I'm new here so I thought I would introduce myself.

I'm Nicoletta Ninos, I was born in Corfu but now live in Scotland. I go back to family in Corfu as often as I can.

I'm here really because I am looking to get some tattoos in Greek.

Nicoletta

Live - Love - Laugh

Nicoletta

Live-Love-Laugh

user10

Hi Nicoletta, welcome to our forum :)

Since you are interested in having these words translated for a tatto, take a look at this thread:

Tattos and Ancient Greek

nicolettaninos

Thank you very much.

Nicoletta

Live-Love-Laugh

billberg23

• Words ail me.

jack597

Hello Nickel,
You recently provided me with the names of my two children (Alexandra & Christopher) in Greek as well as the transliteration of the word strength.  I took what you provided me along with a design to a tattoo artist.  He wanted to know if you could provide me with the font file from which you created these words.  Is that possible to do?  If so, could you please e-mail the file to me at jack597@earthlink.net.  Please forgive my ignorance as I am not that well versed with computers, so if this request is to demanding, please let me know.  Thank you again for all of your help, it is greatly appreciated. 

Chris

banned8

@jack:

The font used for the names etc. was Candara, one of the fonts that now come with Windows Vista, I believe. You can find it as part of the zip file uploaded here. If you have any problems downloading or using the file, let me know.

jenna_lynn34

• Semi-Newbie
Is it possible for me to put multiple items on here and get them translated?  I need like a poem and different phrases for a few tattoos...

billberg23

• Words ail me.
Is it possible for me to put multiple items on here and get them translated?  I need like a poem and different phrases for a few tattoos...
Each phrase gets a different post, Jenna.  We won't charge you extra!
And the poem should be less than 12 words.
If you're uncertain about any of this, hit the "Rules" button (top of page).  Later ~

jack597

Nickel,
Please forgive me, but how does one take that font file you sent and create the the words you provided to me in Greek.  I believe the tattoo artist wants to play with the words so they will fit better around the design I provided to him.  Thanks again for your help. 

Chris

Search Tools