Translation blunder: albino crocodile → αλπικός κροκόδειλος

wings

• Global Moderator
  • Vicky Papaprodromou
Ρώτησα, φιλενάδα, αλλά ατύχησες. Αν θέλεις όμως μπορώ να σου στείλων και αλπικό και πολικό κροκόδειλο. Αυτοί αφθονούν στο Μισίρι [και είναι ότι πρέπει για τον κάποιον ανάποδο τύπο ;-)) ]

Μπράβο, φιλενάδα. Ήξερα ότι μπορώ να βασίζομαι σ' εσένα στα δύσκολα.

Αλεξάνδρα, κι εσένα σ' ευχαριστώ πολύ, κουκλί μου, που μου έδωσες την ιδέα με το νήμα που άνοιξες. :-)))))))
Ο λόγος είναι μεγάλη ανάγκη της ψυχής. (Γιώργος Ιωάννου)

mousafiris

• Περικλής ο καλοκαιρινός
Μπράβο, φιλενάδα. Ήξερα ότι μπορώ να βασίζομαι σ' εσένα στα δύσκολα.

Αλεξάνδρα, κι εσένα σ' ευχαριστώ πολύ, κουκλί μου, που μου έδωσες την ιδέα με το νήμα που άνοιξες. :-)))))))

Εδώ, ο κόσμος καίγεται και το #@$^& χτενίζεται.

Σόρρυ... λάθος νήμα.
We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.

wings

• Global Moderator
  • Vicky Papaprodromou
Εδώ, ο κόσμος καίγεται και το #@$^& χτενίζεται.

Γιατί, αστέρι μου; Τι να πουν τότε κι οι αναστενάρηδες;

mousafiris

Γιατί, αστέρι μου; Τι να πουν τότε κι οι αναστενάρηδες;

Μια ερώτηση, βρε μοδερατόρισα, εσύ που τα ξέρεις όλα. Σεξ στα αναμμένα κάρβουνα επάνω γίνεται;
« Last Edit: 14 Jun, 2007, 00:11:12 by mousafiris »

corazondemelon

• Guacamole needs chillies
The Alpine Crocodile Myth
Once upon a time, Attila the Hun, Hannibal (the Cannibal), Genghis Khan and Rene Lacoste decided to cross the Alps, conquer Liechtenstein and rob the banks.
Attila took his Huns and Elephants, Hannibal his ferocious Cannibals, Genghis his terrifying Mongols and Rene his troop  of Crocodiles. Enough to terrify anyone.
They set off, climbed, slipped and slithered up and down the icy slopes and nearly all of them perished. The Elephants went over a cliff like lemurs,the Cannibals feeding off Ötzi and his friends got terminal stomachache, The Mongoloids went surprisingly stupid due to the freezing cold and the howling winds (howling winds can do that to you), but Rene marched on with his stalwart troop of Crocs, contributing eggs to the local populace and creating recipes for Αυγολέμονο.
They never made it to Liechtenstein, the banks and all your investments were saved, because as they crossed the peak into Mittenwald, where the violin makers live, they were ambushed by an army  WOLPERTINGERS (Wikipedia).
After they surrendered the Wolpertingers said  "We will ask you a question, and if you get it right you will be transformed into white (and thus invisible Crocs) or if you get it wrong, we shall feed you to the sexist Αναστενάρηδες...
What could the poor Crocs do other than shiver in their shoes, and await the question?
"WHAT SHAPE EGGS DO WOLPERTINGERS LAY"?
Well, you all know the answer, but it took the Crocs some time to figure it out. "SQUARE !"
And ever since that day, Crocs are white and blend invisibly into the landscape, being most dangerous the higher the altitude, and live peacefully and intermarry with the Wolpertingers...
Και ζήσανε καλά κι εμείς καλύτερα.

banned8

Having read this, I feel like a female Wolpertinger who's just laid an egg. Or a lemur posing as a lemming.

BUT I LOVE IT TOO!

mousafiris

I don't only LOVE IT, I think it's fabulous. How about writing the next best seller together? A thriller, the Vatican involved, Bush planning to invade the land of the VOLPERTINGERS. The true decedents of Hannibal and Genghis Khan, join forces with the young heir of Rene Lacoste and together they uncover the unholy alliance between Opus Dei and Bush's southern Baptist tycoons, to rob the last square WOLPERTINGER egg, guarded by the last remaining white  Crocs, in an underground complex, within the land of Mittenwald.   

λinaπ

• Love my dog, love me
The Alpine Crocodile Myth...

Utterly remiss of me, this is great! Now I know why the preference for Αυγολέμονο is so widespread!

When can we expect chapter 2?

... to rob the last square WOLPERTINGER egg, guarded by the last remaining white  Crocs, in an underground complex, within the land of Mittenwald.   

So long as you don't forget to work into the story the fact that they can only operate in frozen surroundings - this should be key to the plot, otherwise it won't work!

Having read this, I feel like a female Wolpertinger who's just laid an egg. Or a lemur posing as a lemming.

You do??? Hmmm... the mind boggles...
« Last Edit: 14 Jun, 2007, 14:38:01 by λinaπ »
Λίνα Παπαδοπούλου

NadiaF

• ناديا فامي
  • Γιατί να το κρύψω; Ναι, είμαι μία φελάχα!
I don't only LOVE IT, I think it's fabulous. How about writing the next best seller together? A thriller, the Vatican involved, Bush planning to invade the land of the VOLPERTINGERS. The true decedents of Hannibal and Genghis Khan, join forces with the young heir of Rene Lacoste and together they uncover the unholy alliance between Opus Dei and Bush's southern Baptist tycoons, to rob the last square WOLPERTINGER egg, guarded by the last remaining white  Crocs, in an underground complex, within the land of Mittenwald.   

Αυτό και αν είναι η απόλυτη φαντασία... Γιώργο... έγραψες :-))

@Corazondemelon: Keep up the good work every time the opportunity arises!!! SIMPLY LOVED IT!!!
Μην κοιμάσαι, είναι επικίνδυνο. Μην ξυπνήσεις, θα το μετανοιώσεις!
Nadia-Anastasia Fahmi

corazondemelon

Reply to Nickel:
You are quite right, muddled up the camels with the dromedars (lemmings, you know what I  mean). MEA CULPA, but I suppose forgiveness will be granted! Hope the square egg didn't hurt too much!

wings

• Global Moderator
  • Vicky Papaprodromou
Reply to Nickel:
You are quite right, muddled up the camels with the dromedars (lemmings, you know what I  mean). MEA CULPA, but I suppose forgiveness will be granted! Hope the square egg didn't hurt too much!

@F_idάνι, mousafiris, λinaπ, NadiaF:

Μάλλον θα πρέπει να σας πω εγώ ένα «ευχαριστώ» εκ μέρους της corazondemelon για τα καλά σας λόγια.

That's what moderators are also for. :-)))

NadiaF

• ناديا فامي
  • Γιατί να το κρύψω; Ναι, είμαι μία φελάχα!
@F_idάνι, mousafiris, λinaπ, NadiaF:

Μάλλον θα πρέπει να σας πω εγώ ένα «ευχαριστώ» εκ μέρους της corazondemelon για τα καλά σας λόγια.

That's what moderators are also for. :-)))

Γιατί εσύ;;;
Μην κοιμάσαι, είναι επικίνδυνο. Μην ξυπνήσεις, θα το μετανοιώσεις!
Nadia-Anastasia Fahmi

corazondemelon

Ευχαριστώ εγώ, και προ πάντων τον συνεργάτη Μουσαφίρη για το Κεφάλαιο Β'. Αδημονώ πότε θα μου ξαναδοθεί ευκαιρία να σας πω και άλλο μύθο!
Τώρα πάω διακοπές...

Search Tools