Nikki Lynn Moniodis → Νίκη Λιν Μονιώδη

bmireau21

• Semi-Newbie
Thanks for the last transliteration.  What about Nikki?  Can you please transliterate that for me?  That is my girlfriend's name who was named after Nike.  We are going to Greece in August to see her family and I am going to propose there.  I wanted to write her name on the ring box in Greek.  Thanks again for all your help.  Nikki is the main name i need transliterated.  Thanks again!!!
« Last Edit: 05 Feb, 2006, 15:09:58 by wings »

Steven_Awesome

Its "Νίκη" and it comes from the name Nick which in greek is "Νίκος", so Nikki is the feminine...
That is sweet, where are u from? Aint u greek?

However, the full name would be "Νίκη Λιν Μονιόδη".
Although the dictation can be wrong, i mean at Μονιόδη the "o" could be "ω" as well, which is a vowel that is pronunced equaly to "o"...
Wish u the best

PS Νίκη in greek also means victory

Steven_Awesome

Im soory Nikki doesnt come from Nick...
Nikki is an ancient greek name but its "Νίκη" still, sorry...

bmireau21

• Semi-Newbie
thanks for your help!!!  I appreciate the support.  I am from the U.S.  I am not Greek.  But I met my girlfriend here and she wants to take me to Greece to see the Acropolis and meet the rest of her family.  I am a huge fan of Greek mythology and have always wanted to go.  So I figured, where better to propose than her home country and someplace i am passionate about.  Thanks again!!!

Steven_Awesome

Great, pal...
I wish u the best... This is certainly a great way to propose, although no matter the place and the way u propose as long as u love each other..
Bye...

banned13

Hi.
I looked up Moniodis in the Greek telephone directory. It seems that it should be spelled ΜΟΝΙΩΔΗΣ, not ΜΟΝΙΟΔΗΣ, because there are 44 listings with Omega, and not one with Omicron.

Alexandra

Search Tools