SDL Trados Studio 2014

spiros · 3 · 2231

spiros

• Administrator
  • point d’amour
SDL Trados Studio 2014

A new version is approaching with the single major feature improvement being on the crappy alignment system. By the way, there are already some powerful online alignment systems out there, some of them free. One of the best offline applications, though expensive, is LogiTerm AlignFactory.

If I could ask for a favour is to ditch the all-too-buggy and poorly integrated MultiTerm and create something fully integrated from scratch. Maybe that would be the next big version? I.e. SDL Trados Studio 2017? Or it would be much of a humiliation to admit its loss?

An interesting comment:

Thanks, but again no AutoSuggest included (if it is ever as effective as AutoWrite in Déjà Vu) and term handling surely will be with "MultiTerm" again...so will we again have "The Emperor´s New Clothes"? 
Studio 2014 (SDL Trados support)

Here is the announcement:

Easier to find what you need
Studio 2014 introduces a fresh new navigation, which is designed to help you quickly find the commands that you need to complete a task. Commands, tools and help resources are organized in logical groups, which are collected together under tabs.  Features can be also accessed using the keyboard.

Although transformed, the new user interface is easy to learn and might seem familiar to users using Microsoft Office applications. I am quite eager to share screenshots, but I will save this pleasure for later.

Easier to get started
If you are new to SDL Trados Studio you can take advantage of the ‘getting started’ resources straight away. A new welcome screen provides easy access to video tutorials and help articles to get translators up and running as quickly as possible. This is also part of the new navigation experience allowing for easy access to helps resources, important help links, user guides etc.

Easier to use
Along with the refreshed look, Studio 2014 will introduce numerous features designed to enhance and refine your experience with the product – drag & drop operations, automatic concordance search, improved analysis reports and much more.

Easier to reuse previous translations
Powerful new alignment technology will enable you to reuse your previously translated documents and bring them into Studio 2014. You’ll be able to easily leverage from your existing translations with a few clicks within the translation environment.

SDL Trados Studio 2014. The Countdown is on!
SDL Trados Studio 2014 | SDL

« Last Edit: 13 Oct, 2013, 23:29:47 by spiros »

spiros

• Administrator
  • point d’amour
I had a chance to speak with some folks from SDL last week about their upcoming end-of-September launch of SDL Trados Studio 2014 and MultiTerm 2014. In the very back of my mind I had hoped to see some kind of game changer in the new incarnation of the software (I'll come back to that later), and I was disappointed with its absence. Still, overall the new version seems like something that most Trados users would eventually want to upgrade to. It's a bit like when Microsoft upgraded Office 2003 to Office 2007.
Jost Zetzsche, 225th Toolbox

spiros

• Administrator
  • point d’amour
SDL Trados Studio 2014 is out

A new feature:
New to Studio 2014, AutoSave guarantees that your work is safeguarded against any unexpected problems that may occur during translation. 

This has been a feature in Déjà Vu since its beginning if I am not mistaken (20 years or so). Seems like SDL has discovered the wheel once again. What will be next? Integrated terminology management? I hope in less than 20 years...

The new design, as you can see, is just like Office 2013...

« Last Edit: 13 Oct, 2013, 23:24:30 by spiros »

Search Tools