Automatic language input switching in Mozilla Firefox

jglenis

Hello everyone, I have a general technical issue and thought maybe you have an idea or two. Here it is: Usually, I keep many tabs open in my computer; in some of them I wish to write in Greek, while in others I want to use English. So, I would like Firefox to remember this and not switch to English or Greek all tabs but only the ones I’ve selected. Do you think it’s possible? Thank you in advance.
Life is like a grammar lesson. You find the past perfect and the present tense.

user10

Hello everyone, I have a general technical issue and thought maybe you have an idea or two. Here it is: Usually, I keep many tabs open in my computer; in some of them I wish to write in Greek, while in others I want to use English. So, I would like Firefox to remember this and not switch to English or Greek all tabs but only the ones I’ve selected. Do you think it’s possible? Thank you in advance.

Γεια σου, Γιάννη

το έχω προσπαθήσει κι εγώ και δεν είχα αποτελέσματα. Νομίζω ότι ο Εξπλόρερ θυμάται τη γλώσσα αν ανοίξεις παραπάνω από μία σελίδες -αλλά δυστυχώς είναι πιο αργός.

treandafilia

• Eις μνήμην της Treandafilia Groves (1841-1875)
I do the same thing too, and find it a bit annoying that FireFox doesn't realise that I want to write in English in one tab and ελληνικά in another!

After reading your post, I thought: Aha! I'll open 2 windows, not 2 tabs. But that doesn't work either.

What's in a name? That which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet;

jglenis

Hello to both and thank you for your replies! Indeed IE does have this feature which is why I was used having it. And, yes, I've had the same instant excitement followed by immediate disappointment with the "if not tabs then maybe windows" plot...
Nevertheless, to honour the country where "όλα γίνονται" I've tried for some time to deal with the problem and finally found this thing here ... it has potential, I think, to work. I will check it out and see...

user10

I'm having trouble opening the file, it seems that my P.C. doesn't recognise it... Did you get it to work, though?

jglenis

Well, I didn't have any trouble opening the file, and it does work but not properly. That is, some times the input switches as you switch tabs or windows but some times it doesn't. I think I'm missing something.
Oh, by the way, I forgot to mention before: Here is some tutorial for installing: http://code.google.com/p/tabimswitch/wiki/Tutorial

Search Tools