Online script for automatic correction of multiple/erroneous spaces and erroneous capitalization

spiros · 1 · 13427

spiros

• Administrator
  • point d’amour
Online script for automatic correction of multiple/erroneous spaces and erroneous capitalization

Automatic correction of multiple/wrong spaces and wrong capitalization

What does it fix

— Fixes double and multiple spaces including whitespace (maximum 1 space)
— Fixes multiple paragraphs (maximum 2)
— Fixes spaces before and after punctuation marks (i.e. before full stop, semicolon, colon, comma, exclamation mark, question mark there should be no space, and after them there should be one space)
— Fixes erroneous case usage (i.e. after full stop, exclamation mark, question mark the first letter of the first word should be a capital letter). It does exclude initialisms if they are marked with consecutive full stops.

There is a similar function for Greek text (slightly different rules apply there) as well as two functions on removing/adding the final n in Greek text (info in Greek). They are all accessible from the same page via the drop-down menu.

The script is on beta. Please reply here for comments or suggestions.

Known issues
— There is corruption of characters like smart quotes (pasted from Word).

Text used in example
  Mr Berlusconi is on trial in two corruption cases.but legislation being discussed in parliament ;would in effect stop him going to court ?
    the protesters  accuse the PM of seeking  :  to undermine the legal system! he says he is i.e. the ( victim ) of political [persecution ] ,by the judiciary , which he recently compared to the Taliban.

Other scripts by Translatum
 — Fix final n (Greek only)
 — Convert Greek polytonic to Greek monotonic

Sample text:

Mr Berlusconi is on trial in two corruption cases.but legislation being discussed in “parliament” ;would in effect stop him going to court ?

the protesters accuse the PM of seeking  :  to undermine the legal system! he says he is i.e. the ( victim ) of political [persecution ] ,by the judiciary , which he recently compared to the Taliban.
« Last Edit: 17 Mar, 2021, 00:30:43 by spiros »

Search Tools