ἢ τοὺς πότους ἐρεῖς δῆλον ὅτι καὶ τὰ δεῖπνα καὶ ἐσθῆτα καὶ ἀφροδίσια, καὶ δέδιας μὴ τούτων ἐνδεὴς γενόμενος ἀπόλωμαι. οὐκ ἐννοεῖς δὲ ὅτι τὸ μὴ διψῆν τοῦ πιεῖν πολὺ κάλλιον καὶ τὸ μὴ πεινῆν τοῦ φαγεῖν καὶ τὸ μὴ ῥιγοῦν τοῦ ἀμπεχόνης εὐπορεῖν; → There you'll go, talking of drinking and dining and dressing up and screwing, worrying I'll be lost without all that. Don't you realize how much better it is to have no thirst, than to drink? to have no hunger, than to eat? to not be cold, than to possess a wardrobe of finery? (Lucian, "On Mourning" 16)

billberg23

• Words ail me.
ἢ τοὺς πότους ἐρεῖς δῆλον ὅτι καὶ τὰ δεῖπνα καὶ ἐσθῆτα καὶ ἀφροδίσια, καὶ δέδιας μὴ τούτων ἐνδεὴς γενόμενος ἀπόλωμαι. οὐκ ἐννοεῖς δὲ ὅτι τὸ μὴ διψῆν τοῦ πιεῖν πολὺ κάλλιον καὶ τὸ μὴ πεινῆν τοῦ φαγεῖν καὶ τὸ μὴ ῥιγοῦν τοῦ ἀμπεχόνης εὐπορεῖν; → There you'll go, talking of drinking and dining and dressing up and screwing, worrying I'll be lost without all that.  Don't you realize how much better it is to have no thirst, than to drink? to have no hunger, than to eat? to not be cold, than to possess a wardrobe of finery? — Lucian (2nd cent.), Περὶ πένθους (On Mourning) 16.

Βλ. https://www.translatum.gr/forum/index.php?topic=731261.msg983484#msg983484
« Last Edit: 13 Sep, 2019, 01:59:30 by billberg23 »

Search Tools