Jill Ruckelshaus quotations

σα(ρε)μαλι

• Σταβανγκεριανό μου έαρ
The best way to win an argument is to begin by being right.

It occurred to me when I was thirteen and wearing white gloves and Mary Janes and going to dancing school, that no one should have to dance backward all their lives.

I have no hostility towards men. Some of my best friends are men. I married a man, and my father was a man.   Women's rights in essence is really a movement for freedom, a movement for equality, for the dignity of all women, for those who work outside the home and those who dedicate themselves with more altruism than any profession I know to being wives and mothers, cooks and chauffeurs, and child psychologists and loving human beings.

The Equal Rights Amendment is designed to establish in our Constitution the clear moral value judgment that all Americans, women and men, stand equal under the law.

και το τελευταίο, που - αν και δεν είμαι γυναίκα, ίσως λίγο μέιλ λέσμπιαν, και δεν έχω κόρες κι εγγόνες - με εκφράζει πολύ.

We are in for a very long haul...I' m asking for everything you have to give. We will never give up...You will lose your youth, your seep, your patience, your sense of humour and occasionally, the understanding and support of people who love you very much. In return, I have nothing to offer you but your pride in being a woman, and all your dreams you have for your daughters and nieces and granddaughters...and the certain knowledge that at the end of your days you will be able to look back and say that once in your life you gave everything you had for justice.
« Last Edit: 27 Jan, 2006, 23:10:56 by σα(ρε)μαλι »
I can live everywhere in the world, but it must be near an airport -and a pharmacy, I would add.

Δεν είναι ο ύπνος της λογικής που γεννάει τέρατα, αλλά ο άγρυπνος ορθολογισμός που πάσχει από αϋπνίες.

Search Tools