Beethoven - Piano Concerto No 1, Seiji Ozawa, Martha Argerich

λinaπ

• Love my dog, love me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZu0rq2qFSg&feature=related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKP709R9mHU&feature=related

Ludwig van Beethoven's Piano Concerto No. 1 in C major, op. 15, was written during 1796 and 1797. The first performance was in Prague in 1798, with Beethoven himself playing the piano.

Although described as his first piano concerto, this piece was Beethoven's third attempt at the genre, following an unpublished piano concerto in E-flat major (not to be mistaken for the "Emperor" concerto, Piano Concerto No. 5) and the Piano Concerto No. 2, published after Piano Concerto No. 1 (in 1801) but composed almost ten years earlier.

Movements

I. Allegro con brio - II. Largo - III. Rondo. Allegro scherzando

As with the Piano Concerto No. 2, this C major concerto reflects Beethoven's assimilation of the styles of Mozart and Haydn, while its abrupt harmonic shifts demonstrate Beethoven's musical personality. It adheres to the concerto variant of sonata form.

Source Wikipedia
« Last Edit: 25 May, 2008, 21:04:03 by λinaπ »
Λίνα Παπαδοπούλου

λinaπ

• Love my dog, love me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4A1iZTUQr3g&feature=related

Seiji Ozawa (Conductor)

Born: September 1, 1935 - Fenytien [now Shenyang, Liaoning, China]

The Japanese conductor, Seiji Ozawa, studied music from an early age and later graduated with first prizes in composition and conducting from Tokyo's Toho School of Music. In 1959 he won first prize at the International Competition of Orchestra Conductors held in Besançon, France. Charles Munch, then music director of the Boston Symphony Orchestra, subsequently invited him to attend the Tanglewood Music Center, where he won the Koussevitzky Prize for outstanding student conductor in 1960.

While working with Herbert von Karajan in West Berlin, Seiji Ozawa came to the attention of Leonard Bernstein, who appointed him assistant conductor of the New York Philharmonic for the 1961-62 season. He made his first professional concert appearance in North America in January 1962, with the San Francisco Symphony. He was music director of the Chicago Symphony Orchestra's Ravinia Festival for five summers beginning in 1964, music director of the Toronto Symphony from 1965 to 1969, and music director of the San Francisco Symphony from 1970 to 1976, followed by a year as that orchestra's music adviser. He conducted the Boston Symphony Orchestra for the first time in 1964, at Tanglewood, and made his first Symphony Hall appearance with the orchestra in January 1968. He became an artistic director of Tanglewood in 1970 and began his tenure as music director of the BSO in 1973, following a year as music adviser.

Source Bach Cantatas
« Last Edit: 25 May, 2008, 21:03:08 by λinaπ »
Λίνα Παπαδοπούλου

DiVx

Κι έλεγα πότε θ' αρχίσει το πρόγραμμα....

Maaaartha, maaartha, maaaartha!!!!

Φοβερή μορφή!

Πολύ ωραίο, Λίνα!

Search Tools