Proofreading

yennies

• Semi-Newbie
Κέλυφος καψάκιου: Γλυκερίνη, οξικό οξύ (κρυσταλλικό) [E-260], καθαρό νερό και η ζελατίνη.

ΟΡΟΙ ΧΡΗΣΗΣ:
Μην υπερβαίνετε της συγκεκριμένης συνιστώμενης ημερήσιας κάνει. Τα συμπληρώματα διατροφής δεν πρέπει να αντικαταστήσει μιας ποικίλης και ισορροπημένης διατροφής και ενός υγιεινού τρόπου ζωής. Φυλάσσεται σε δροσερό ξηρό χώρο. Να φυλάσσεται μακριά από μικρά παιδιά. Αυτό το προϊόν δεν είναι κατάλληλο για παιδιά κάτω των 3 ετών.

English version:
Capsule Shell: Glycerine, acetic acid (glacial) [E-260], purified water and gelatin.

CONDITIONS OF USE:
Do not exceed the stated recommended daily does. Food supplements should not replace a varied and balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle. Store in a cool dry place. Keep out reach of young children. This product is not suitable for children under 3 years of age.

Thank you

« Last Edit: 29 Apr, 2010, 09:04:20 by wings »

billberg23

• Words ail me.
It all looks good to me, except for the misspelling of "dose" ("recommended daily does").

wings

• Global Moderator
  • Vicky Papaprodromou
Bill, I'm afraid the Greek text is a machine translation.
« Last Edit: 29 Apr, 2010, 09:04:36 by wings »
Ο λόγος είναι μεγάλη ανάγκη της ψυχής. (Γιώργος Ιωάννου)

Frederique

• Creative, Hardworking and Able!
semi-automatic machine translation.. :-)
Communicate. Explore potentials. Find solutions.

yennies

• Semi-Newbie
Please help me....i got all from translation machine...need someone to proof reading...
Millions of thank you...

billberg23

• Words ail me.

mavrodon

Κέλυφος καψάκιου: Γλυκερίνη, οξικό οξύ (κρυσταλλικό) [E-260], απιονισμένο νερό και ζελατίνη.

ΟΡΟΙ ΧΡΗΣΗΣ:
Μην υπερβαίνετε τη συγκεκριμένη συνιστώμενη ημερήσια δόση. Τα συμπληρώματα διατροφής δεν πρέπει να υποκαταστήσουν μια ποικίλη και ισορροπημένη διατροφή και ένα υγιεινό τρόπο ζωής. Φυλάσσεται σε δροσερό ξηρό χώρο. Να φυλάσσεται μακριά από μικρά παιδιά. Αυτό το προϊόν δεν είναι κατάλληλο για παιδιά κάτω των 3 ετών.

English version:
Capsule Shell: Glycerine, acetic acid (crystalline) [E-260], purified water and gelatin.

CONDITIONS OF USE:
Do not exceed the stated recommended daily dose. Food supplements should not replace a varied and balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle. Store in a cool dry place. Keep out reach of young children. This product is not suitable for children under 3 years of age.
« Last Edit: 29 Apr, 2010, 22:21:02 by billberg23 »

yennies

• Semi-Newbie
.. and κρυσταλλικό should be "crystalline," not "glacial"

in this case...what is the actual translation of "glacial"

billberg23

• Words ail me.
Παγερό.  But I find in an old katharevousa dictionary under "glacial:"  κατεψυγμένος, παγωμένος, παγερός, κρυσταλλικός.

mavrodon

The text in English is correct except the misprint of dose(s) which the machine translated as "κάνει" from the mispelt word "does". This is a proof that machine translations cannot replace the human mind. As for the word glacial, it is correct as, according to the Shorter Oxford, it is an archaic expression for crystalline in chemistry, and it is used, nowadays, chiefly in "glacial acetic acid". The translation of purified water into "καθαρό νερό" is not acurate as the latter is "clean water". Purified water is either distilled, filtered or deionized water ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purified_water). Therefore for "purified water" better use either "απιονισμένο" or "φιλτραρισμένο νερό".

billberg23

• Words ail me.

mavrodon

Do not fret. Even young people have senior moments. Albert Einstein, forgot the key to his apartment when he was supposed to spend the first night after his wedding. And he was young! (http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:1qark9z-Y14J:www.susan-neiman.de/docs/t_subversive_einstein.html+einstein+forgot+the+key&cd=3&hl=el&ct=clnk&gl=gr).
« Last Edit: 30 Apr, 2010, 18:48:49 by mavrodon »

Search Tools