Poseidon's Trident → Ποσειδῶνος τρίαινα

primalpharaoh

• Semi-Newbie
Wondering if I could get this translated.  I did a portrait of a trident that I took from a statue in Greece that I took a picture of and would like to finish it off with the greek writing somewhere on it.  Thanks!
« Last Edit: 28 Aug, 2007, 20:31:47 by billberg23 »

billberg23

• Words ail me.
Η ΤΟΥ ΠΟΣΕΙΔΩΝΟΣ ΤΡΙΑΙΝΑ

Lower case:  ἡ τοῦ Ποσειδῶνος τρίαiινα
« Last Edit: 28 Aug, 2007, 06:19:09 by billberg23 »

banned8

You might even go for the simpler version (without the articles): ΠΟΣΕΙΔΩΝΟΣ ΤΡΙΑΙΝΑ (it was the name of a military security something during the Olympics).

billberg23

• Words ail me.
Yes, I would certainly eliminate the articles if I were using the name "Poseidon's Trident" to identify an organization.  To identify the object (the trident) itself, I'd want to leave them in, however.  Awkward little beasts though they sometimes are.
Come to think of it, I'd also eliminate the articles if it were the title of a work of art, book, poem, etc.  Primalpharaoh calls his picture a "portrait."  Hmmm.
« Last Edit: 28 Aug, 2007, 07:25:01 by billberg23 »

primalpharaoh

• Semi-Newbie
well yes, what I did was, I took a picture of the whole statue.  Then I kinda took just the trident and painted it as a center with kind of an ocean look surrounding it.  Thats why I wanted to add the translated words to it.

Search Tools