Bob Crewe & Bob Gaudio, Can't Take My Eyes Off You (1967)

wings · 4 · 5769

wings

• Global Moderator
  • Vicky Papaprodromou
Can't Take My Eyes Off You

"Can't Take My Eyes Off You", written by Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio, was a 1967 single by Frankie Valli. The song was among Valli's biggest hits, reaching #2 on the Billboard Hot 100 and earning a gold record. It was one of several hits that Valli recorded with the participation of his vocal group, The Four Seasons, and his biggest "solo" hit until he hit #1 in 1974 with "My Eyes Adored You".

Cover versions

Notable

The song has been covered by a variety of artists over the years. A version by Andy Williams made it to #5 on the UK singles chart in 1968.

In 1976, singer Tina Charles performed a disco version of the song. It turned in one of the most famous symbols of the 70's years.

In 1991, the Pet Shop Boys used part of the song on their double A-side single "Where the Streets Have No Name (I Can't Take My Eyes Off You)/How Can You Expect to Be Taken Seriously?", which reached the top five in the U.K. (In the U.S., both sides of the single were released as separate singles and both charted, with "How Can You Expect to be Taken Seriously?" at #93 and the "Where The Streets Have No Name/I Can't Take My Eyes Off You" medley at #72.)

Other renditions of the song to have charted in the U.S. included versions by The Lettermen (#7 in 1968, in a medley with "Goin' Out Of My Head"), Nancy Wilson (#52 in 1969), Maureen McGovern (#27 on the Adult Contemporary chart in 1979), Boys Town Gang (#1 in the Netherlands in 1982[1]) and Lauryn Hill (#35 on the Hot 100 Airplay chart in 1998). Experimental progressive rock guitarist Bumblefoot recorded a heavy metal version of the song. In 2005 the song was covered by Queens for their debut album "Made For Dancing". In 2007 this song was covered by Soccx. In Germany this song was used for dancing at the ADTV-Worlddance-Day 2007, ChaChaCha-Simultan-Event and Quintal. In 2004, tejano singer Jennifer Peña released a cover version in Spanish, titled "No Hay Nadie Igual Como Tú" for her album Seducción. The song has also been adopted by Manchester United F.C. supporters in honour of midfielder Owen Hargreaves and by West Ham for their former player Christian Dailly.

Source: wikipedia
Ο λόγος είναι μεγάλη ανάγκη της ψυχής. (Γιώργος Ιωάννου)

wings

• Global Moderator
  • Vicky Papaprodromou
Bob Crewe & Bob Gaudio, Can't Take My Eyes Off You (1967)

You're just too good to be true
Can't take my eyes off of you
You'd be like heaven to touch
I wanna hold you so much
At long last love has arrived
And I thank God I'm alive

Pardon the way that I stare
There's nothing else to compare
The sight of you leaves me weak
There are no words left to speak
So if you feel like I feel
Please let me know that it's real

I love you, baby, and if it's quite all right
I need you, baby to warm the lonely nights
I love you, baby, trust in me when I say
Oh pretty baby, don't bring me down I pray
Oh pretty baby, now that I've found you stay
And let me love you, baby, let me love you!
« Last Edit: 28 Oct, 2008, 14:14:00 by wings »

wings

• Global Moderator
  • Vicky Papaprodromou
Bob Crewe & Bob Gaudio, Can't Take My Eyes Off You (1967) - Frankie Valli

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzpWKAGvGdA
« Last Edit: 28 Oct, 2008, 14:05:44 by wings »

wings

• Global Moderator
  • Vicky Papaprodromou
Bob Crewe & Bob Gaudio, Can't Take My Eyes Off You (1967) - Andy Williams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHWcvHYDmkY
« Last Edit: 01 Feb, 2011, 08:13:44 by Ion »

Search Tools