scientific fact → επιστημονικό δεδομένο, επιστημονικά δεδομένα, επιστημονικό γεγονός, επιστημονικά αποδεδειγμένο

lenbio · 6 · 3894

lenbio

• Semi-Newbie
Revealing the truth in religious faith, personal experience and scientific fact as it is taught to us. → Η αποκάλυψη της αλήθειας στη θρησκευτική πίστη, τα προσωπικά βιώματα και τα επιστημονικά δεδομένα όπως μας διδάσκονται.

Hello, I am looking for an accurate translation of the following english phrase into a greek phrase: 

[Revealing the Truth in ‘Religeous Faith’, ‘Personal Experience’ and ‘Taught Scientific Fact’.]

I would appreciate your help in this.

Regards,
Len

Moderator's note: Len, please post your questions in the correct forum and use the words in doubt as subject-line. Please read the forum rules.
« Last Edit: 25 Oct, 2016, 15:46:05 by spiros »

wings

• Global Moderator
  • Vicky Papaprodromou
Religious Faith = θρησκευτική πίστη
Personal Experience = προσωπικά βιώματα
Taught Scientific Fact = επιστημονικά δεδομένα

Your whole phrase: "Η αποκάλυψη της αλήθειας στη θρησκευτική πίστη, τα προσωπικά βιώματα και τα επιστημονικά δεδομένα".
Ο λόγος είναι μεγάλη ανάγκη της ψυχής. (Γιώργος Ιωάννου)

banned8

It should be made clear that Vicky's translation of "taught scientific fact" does not translate the word "taught". The question is, how important is this element in your sentence?

If the meaning is "scientific fact as it is taught to us", and there is a hint here that we are not taught scientific fact as it should be taught to us or as some others view it, then "taught" may be a key word.

If so, then "taught scientific fact" = τα διδασκόμενα επιστημονικά δεδομένα (or: τα επιστημονικά δεδομένα όπως μας διδάσκονται - i.e. as they are taught to us).

lenbio

• Semi-Newbie
Hello,

thank you for the response.  I believe that between the experts they got it right.  I posted the following phrase:

"Revealing the truth in ‘religious faith’, ‘personal experience’ and ‘taught scientific fact"

There has always been differences between what people believe (religious faith), what they experience and how those expreiences are interpreted (personal experience), and what they are taught about the truth in schools and universities (taught scientific fact).  I wish to build a phrase that incorporate all those ideas to use as a motto/vision for our new company. 

Religious Faith = θρησκευτική πίστη
Personal Experience = προσωπικά βιώματα
Taught Scientific Fact = επιστημονικά δεδομένα
Scientific Fact as it is Taught to us = τα επιστημονικά δεδομένα όπως μας διδάσκονται

From the response it looks like the phrase should read:

Greek:
"Η αποκάλυψη της αλήθειας στη θρησκευτική πίστη, τα προσωπικά βιώματα και τα επιστημονικά δεδομένα όπως μας διδάσκονται".

English:
"Revealing the truth in religious faith, personal experience and scientific fact as it is taught to us"
« Last Edit: 18 Jul, 2005, 13:26:43 by nickel »

Search Tools