Sex and the city: The movie (review, video clip, Greek subtitles)

spiros · 29 · 41414

spiros

• Administrator
  • point d’amour
Sex and the city: The movie (review, video clip, Greek subtitles)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4v0GGdCQ8U

To start with, I must confess that I am a Sex and the city fan. I loved the series.

Sex and the city: The movie was at times schmaltzy, corny and smothered with clichés (a little girl incessantly repeating the word “sex” in a copycat fashion) but striking numerous romantic chords with the hearts of women and girls everywhere, as it does not only deal with Louis Vuitton handbags, designer wedding gowns (Vivienne Westwood's was the winner) and glam photo shoots, but also with the ups and downs of relationships, the trying moments of loneliness and separation (eating a Chinese dinner all alone on Christmas day), the frustration of broken dreams and “unacted desires” (as Blake has it). For example, some quite hilarious moments take place (and puns/Freudian slips uttered) when Samantha (Kim Cattrall) salivates over her randy neigbour Dante (Gilles Marini) as she catches him having a shower, fully naked.

Carrie (Sarah Jessica Parker), was, as always, so good at conveying emotions in a true and convincing way. Love (both requited and unrequited), was well portrayed in her eyes and her acting. One doubts that this role could have been cast to someone else.

The chemistry among the actors was as good as ever; quite an achievement if one considers that most of them (i.e. the four girls) have been acting together for ages.

The script is witty and pun-ridden as usual, but not as “meaty” and condensed as an episode from the actual series. In a sense, it is like an episode from the of “Sex and the City” on steroids, blown up to epic proportions running the full gamut of the girly life, missing though, the appropriate amount of “spice” which is so elegantly rationed in the former.

[potential spoiler]
As T. S. Eliot says, “Birth and copulation and death, that's all the facts when you get to brass tacks”. The only difference here is the tactful omission of death in order to comply with Hollywood's happy-end recipe; and to honour its name, the movie provided sex galore (and sex allusions by the gallon) with a blissful-albeit-not-so-glamorous nuptial dénouement (an Aristotelian catharsis after the hubris committed by the runaway-groom).
[/potential spoiler]

To sum it up, if you loved the series, you will like this.

Links

Sex and the City quotations
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sex_and_the_City
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sex_and_the_City:_The_Movie
« Last Edit: 22 Jun, 2008, 02:04:46 by spiros »

Pit

• Panagiotis Stamatelos
I knew that you would like it too!! I loved the movie, although i have been in love with the TV series since the very beginning of the show! The script was so fresh, so new, full of hilarious, romantic and dramatic moments. The acting was perfect, if you consider that Sarah Jessica Perker did all her best to show the deepest feelings of Carrie. The direction was professional and relaxing.

Φαντάζομαι ξέρεις πού πήγα να το δω... Αρκαδία... Στην ταράτσα, μια χαρά... Είχε και δροσιά! Ό,τι πρέπει αυτές τις μέρες...)
Laughter translates into any language.

Pit

• Panagiotis Stamatelos
Για να πάρετε μια ιδέα από
« Last Edit: 05 Jun, 2013, 14:10:54 by spiros »

spiros

• Administrator
  • point d’amour
Για μένα ήταν πριβέ προβολή στο Απόλλων... (με κλιματισμό και χωρίς να έρχεται κάπνα από τον μπροστινό/πλαϊνό, κτλ.).

Pit

• Panagiotis Stamatelos
Καλό και το Απόλλων. Έχω πάει, αλλά η Αρκαδία τώρα το καλοκαίρι είναι απόλαυση!!! Μπορεί να σε πετύχω στο Mamma Mia!

spiros

• Administrator
  • point d’amour
Ξέχασα να πω, είχε μείνει αμετάφραστο το baby shower (πάλι καλά βέβαια, θα μπορούσε να έχει μεταφραστεί ως «ντους μωρού»).
« Last Edit: 25 Jun, 2008, 21:45:56 by spiros »

Frederique

• Creative, Hardworking and Able!
To start with, I must confess that I am a Sex and the city fan. I loved the series.

Τώρα το πρόσεξα το νήμα Σπύρο. Χαίρομαι που σου αρέσει. Είναι σπάνιο για τα αγόρια / τους άντρες να παραδέχονται ανοικτά ότι τους άρεσε πολύ η σειρά. O Vion και γω δεν χάσαμε ούτε ένα επεισόδιο. Από τις 4 ποιά σου αρέσει περισσότερο σαν χαρακτήρας; Όσον αφορά την ταινία μας έκανε και κλάψαμε πολύ. Στη σειρά γελάγαμε περισσότερο δεν συμφωνείς;
« Last Edit: 04 Sep, 2008, 09:53:51 by spiros »
Communicate. Explore potentials. Find solutions.

spiros

• Administrator
  • point d’amour
Από τους χαρακτήρες η Carrie (Sarah Jessica Parker) φυσικά (άλλωστε πιστεύω φαίνεται από τον τρόπο με τον οποίο την περιγράφω).

Διάφοροι έχουν δυσκολίες να παραδεχτούν διάφορα ;)

Pit

• Panagiotis Stamatelos
Από τους χαρακτήρες η Carrie (Sarah Jessica Parker) φυσικά

Κι εμένα, βρε Σπύρο! Τη λατρεύω!!! I Am Totally Carried Away...

Διάφοροι έχουν δυσκολίες να παραδεχτούν διάφορα ;)

Kudoz!!

Frederique

• Creative, Hardworking and Able!
Ήμουν σίγουρη για τα καλά σας γούστα :-)
Communicate. Explore potentials. Find solutions.

Anastasia

• Anastasia Giagopoulou
  • Set goals, Work hard!
Θα κλάψω. Ακόμη δεν είδα την ταινία και κοντεύω να σκάσω! Τη σειρά τη λατρεύω! Δική μου αγαπημένη είναι η Samantha (kim Cattrall). (Δε θέλω σχόλια!!!)
"Only Love can leave such a... Mark!"

Pit

• Panagiotis Stamatelos
Κι εμάν μ' αρέσει η τρέλα που κουβαλάει η Samantha! Δεν το συζητώ!

Πρέπει να δεις την ταινία όπως και δήποτε!!!!

Anastasia

• Anastasia Giagopoulou
  • Set goals, Work hard!
Εάν βρω χρόνο το σ/κ, θα ψάξω να βρω εάν παίζεται ακόμη σε κάποια αίθουσα.

spiros

• Administrator
  • point d’amour
Παίζεται σίγουρα στο Διαδίκτυο ;)

Θα κλάψω. Ακόμη δεν είδα την ταινία και κοντεύω να σκάσω! Τη σειρά τη λατρεύω! Δική μου αγαπημένη είναι η Samantha (kim Cattrall). (Δε θέλω σχόλια!!!)

Δεν έχω γνωρίσει καμία που να της μοιάζει (δηλαδή να μην το κρύβει, η ευθύτητα του χαρακτήρα που υποδύεται έχει κάτι το αντρικό και οιονεί καρικατουρίστικο), είμαι σίγουρος όμως ότι πολλές κρύβουν μια Σαμάνθα μέσα τους ;)
« Last Edit: 04 Sep, 2008, 15:59:26 by spiros »

Anastasia

• Anastasia Giagopoulou
  • Set goals, Work hard!
Παίζεται σίγουρα στο Διαδίκτυο ;)
Ελπίζω να μην καταλήξω εκεί. Πάλι θα κάτσω στο γνωστό γραφείο;;;; Πιάστηκα η γυναίκα!!! ;-)

Δεν έχω γνωρίσει καμία που να της μοιάζει (δηλαδή να μην το κρύβει, η ευθύτητα του χαρακτήρα που υποδύεται έχει κάτι το αντρικό και οιονεί καρικατουρίστικο), είμαι σίγουρος όμως ότι πολλές κρύβουν μια Σαμάνθα μέσα τους ;)
Ακριβώς έτσι! Αυτό που μ' αρέσει στη Σαμάνθα είναι η ευθύτητα του χαρακτήρα της. Δεν ντρέπεται για ό, τι κάνει και υποστηρίζει δημοσίως τις επιλογές της. Έτσι και βγουν στην επιφάνεια «οι Σαμάνθες» ανά τον κόσμο, θα γελάσουμε πολύ! ;-)

Search Tools