Tattoos and Ancient Greek

Guest · 2415 · 1257493

tslave484

• Semi-Newbie
Thank you so much!! This is fantastic!
Could you show me what "Τιμῆς ἠγοράσθητε·  μὴ γίνεσθε δοῦλοι ἀνθρώπων." looks like in uppercase?
I think I prefer that.
Thanks again for your prompt response!

tslave484

• Semi-Newbie
Also, what is the correct pronounciation for ΟΥΔΕΝΟΣ ΑΝΘΡΩΠΟΥ ΔΟΥΛΟΣ?

wouter

• Semi-Newbie
"ICARUS OR IKAROS, SON OF DAIDALOS IN GREEK MYTHOLOGY"

hi guys,
I am Wouter from Holland and I have this burning question i would like to have answered.
Can anyone please tell me how the name ICARUS OR IKAROS was written in ANCIENT GREEK??
I am thinking about having this word tattooed, but I'm not sure if i should have it in lower case or in upper case. If you could, please write it down in both ways. Many many thanks..,

Wouter

Ps: i came as far as this: Ίκαρος but i dont know if it's the modern translation or the ancient

dionisios

• Semi-Newbie
Your name in Greek would be:

Διονύσιος Δεμερτζῆς (modern Greek: Δεμερτζής)

is it possible to write this again with out the capitals letters at the front

eliza

• Semi-Newbie
Hello all, I'm Eliza!  I'm looking forward to getting the following phrase translated:

lay down your armour and seize your life

into Ancient Latin or Ancient Greek, depending on which can be the most closely translated.
Thanks so much for your assistance.  Cheers!

Nikolos

• Semi-Newbie
Hi im from Denmark and i want to have a tattoo written in your amazing ancient greek language!

Here are the phrases that i want to make!

"God has left me"    "The Devil fears me"

also this one: "Only God will judge me"

This is not for me offcourse!:)
Is for a friend of mine

Thank you in advance.

Nikolos

• Semi-Newbie
Hi there.

Your phrase can be:

"Τη μέρα που θα μάθω να πετώ δεν θα ξαναπατήσω στη γη"

All the best for the weekend,

Vicky

Hi im from Denmark and i want to have a tattoo written in your amazing ancient greek language!

Is for a friend of mine

Thank you in advance.

banned8

The section's moderator and chief contributor is away on holiday. Only urgent and simple requests will be handled depending on the availability of other contributors.

Please be patient.

Oblitron

Dear Nikolos, I'm sure a member of this forum will be kind enough to provide you with a translation. However, do you really feel there is a strong association between Christianity and Ancient Greece? I personally don't think there is. If you want an ancient-looking tattoo about God and the Devil, may I suggest Hebrew as a more fitting language?

billberg23

• Words ail me.
Thank you for translating for me! However, when you distinguish b/t singular and plural, what exactly are you referring to? I hope you forgive my ignorance in this area. I am familiar with ancient greek only in that i adore classical philsophy and nothing else, thank you! :)
Singular:  You are telling one person to speak his/her mind.
Plural:  You are telling more than one person to speak their minds.
« Last Edit: 25 Jun, 2007, 14:06:25 by nickel »

oneangryzeus

• Semi-Newbie
i would also like a tatoo in ancient greek (or greek if it can't translate into ancient) the prhase is "absurd freedom" thanks in advance
« Last Edit: 26 Jun, 2007, 17:01:00 by wings »

martali

• Semi-Newbie
Hi.
Myself and my wife,having just been married want to get each others names translated into ancient greek if this is possible.

They are 'alison' and 'martin'.

It would be great if anyone could help.
Thanks

banned8

Myself and my wife,having just been married want to get each others names translated into ancient greek if this is possible.
They are 'alison' and 'martin'.

You understand, I'm sure, there are no Ancient Greek forms of these names. Not even for Martin Luther. In modern Green your names are:

Άλισον

Μάρτιν

Nikolos

• Semi-Newbie
id love to have this translated for a tattoo i want.
thanks

Is for a friend of mine

Thank you in advance.

mylostsoul

Hi,                                                                                                                                                             There i have been searching and searching for a web sit like tis for ages!!! Thank god.. ok id like a tattoo in ancient greek but first can i ask where you learnt geek i would love to learn the language any tips on how? i wont 2 learn ancient not modern well both but mostly ancient. Can you help me?.    Thank you.                                                           

Search Tools