Matthew & Hayley

melanie · 10 · 1321

melanie

I had orginally started a thread in the Ancient Greek Forum for the translation of my childrens names, Matthew and Hayley .

I had a great response!!  I received ΜΑΘΙΟΥ (Μάθιου)  and  ΧΕΪΛΙ (Χέιλι).  Which is perfect.  I am working on a family project and I would like to see how their names would look in other fonts.  I have not had a response in the Anceint Greek forum...I'm not sure if it's because their names had been translated into Modern Greek.

If any one here can help me, I would greatly appreciate it!!

Melanie
If we opened our minds to enjoyment, we might find tranquil pleasures spread about us on every side.  We might live with the angels that visit us on every sunbeam, and sit with the fairies who wait on every flower.

banned8

Give me a day or two and I'll get back to you on this.

melanie

Thanks Nickel!
If we opened our minds to enjoyment, we might find tranquil pleasures spread about us on every side.  We might live with the angels that visit us on every sunbeam, and sit with the fairies who wait on every flower.

melanie

Nickel...

I was wondering if you have had the time to look into the different fonts for me?

Thank you for your time!!

Melanie

treandafilia

• Eις μνήμην της Treandafilia Groves (1841-1875)
This is a bit of a tricky one, because the fonts shown in forum messages must exist on your computer to show correctly on your screen (unless the writing is captured and pasted as a graphic attachment) (if a font was named which didn't exist on your PC, your PC would probably substitute another of a similar name, which could in fact be rather different).

All that is rather time consuming if done on a purely voluntary basis by people who have work and jobs to get on with! So it might just help if you were more specific about the kind of font appearance you wanted. For example, you could use words like plain, simple, fancy, elegant, mysterious, large, small, bold, italic, etc, etc.
« Last Edit: 15 Oct, 2007, 14:17:01 by treandafilia »
What's in a name? That which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet;

banned8

I'm actually putting together a list of fonts that are either widely available or exclusive to some lucky people like myself. It will become a PDF for people to choose their favourite typeface from, and then pay a humongous sum for me to produce an appropriate JPG for their text :-}

But it's only half finished. So give me another 24 hours.

melanie

Nickel....

For the time that you dedicate to this site...I would pay millions.

I am sorry if my request has opened a Pandora's Box.  I know Nickel, you have given others different options of fonts in attached jpgs.   In regards to treandafilia response...I would have to request a large elegant font.  This request is for a family tree that I am putting together.  And I have seen that Nickel has access to many great fonts...that I can use on my computer.

I really do appreciate all your time and dedications. 

Melanie

melanie

Nickel...

I saw your post on the fonts as a pdf file.  Thank you so much for providing all that information. I was wondering if you would be able to provide me with a file of Matthew and Hayley in Garamond (non-polytonic).  In upper case and in lower case. 

Thanks again for all of your time.

banned8

melanie

YES!!  That is it....The top one is perfect!!

Search Tools