Nagging Philips blue logo screen appearing on the monitor every time it is turned on (Model 227ELH)

spiros · 7 · 6513

spiros

• Administrator
  • point d’amour
Nagging Philips blue logo screen appearing on the monitor every time it is turned on (Model 227ELH)

Trying to find a way το get rid of the annoying screen. I suspect it is part of the monitor driver.
Yes, I know I have bought a Philips monitor, I do not need to be reminded of that every time I turn it on.
« Last Edit: 11 Aug, 2013, 11:28:06 by spiros »

Vion

• Creative, Hardworking and Able!
I think it's basically hard-coded into the logic board, but the driver just might be able to disable it. Does it behave that way after a re-start?

spiros

• Administrator
  • point d’amour
It behaves only when I manually turn on/off the monitor touch switch on the screen. Windows restart does not affect it.

The driver is in .icm and .sys format which does not appear editable.

I have contacted their support anyway. Let's see what they say.

For the time being I came up with this roundabout way (I don't turn on and off the screen, but manually activate the black screen saver).

https://www.translatum.gr/forum/index.php?topic=351601.0
« Last Edit: 11 Aug, 2013, 12:07:57 by spiros »

spiros

• Administrator
  • point d’amour
The answer is that it cannot be eliminated as it is part of the monitor's program. My reply was:

Thank you for your reply. This is not very nice though, as Philips effectively "steals" 2-3 secs of one's working time every time the screen is turned on and there was no such warning in the product description.

Maybe Philips should think better before imposing such hardcoded "adware" on their clients. I do have trouble imagining a reputed monitor manufacturer, like Eizo for example, doing something similar.

Vion

spiros

• Administrator
  • point d’amour
Looks like this is a new type of "adware"—instead of software+ads we have hardware+ads. The only problem here is having paid the product's full price.

Vion

Search Tools