Loukas → Λουκάς

Troy · 6 · 2167

Troy

Hi, My last name is Loukas, and I was wondering if how you would write that in Greek in lower and uppercase letters.

Basicly I need it how you would write it down if you were in Greece writing your name on a paper.
« Last Edit: 07 Apr, 2006, 18:43:16 by spiros »

kik

ΛΟΥΚΑΣ and Λουκάς. I bet you pronounce your name Loukas. If though, as you said, I was in Greece and wrote my name down, it would be Λουκάς

« Last Edit: 07 Apr, 2006, 02:16:41 by kik »

Troy

Im not trying to disagree but someone from greece i know says using sigma at the end of a name is not right (ie. ΛΟΥΚΑΣ) even if it is all caps its not correct. Maybe if you can explain this to me it would make more sence. Basicly if I were to write ΛΟΥΚΑΣ in all caps and have sigma at the end in greek would this be wrong?

thank you.

Leon

There are two lower case sigmas: 'σ' (used anywhere but the end of a word) and 'ς' (used only at the end). There is one upper case sigma: 'Σ'. So, we have: Λουκάς; ΛΟΥΚΑΣ; but not Λουκάσ. Understand?

Just remember, Λουκάσ.

Leon.
«Όποιος ελεύθερα συλλογάται συλλογάται καλά»
- Ρήγας Φερραίος

Troy

thank you both very much, i appreciate your help.

troy

luke

• Semi-Newbie
Can we find the meaning of name LOUKAS? where the name came from?i remember a teacher told me it haw to do somethin with light.
can anyone help?
προερχεται απο φως κτλ. :-)

Search Tools