Greetings!

Talantus

• Semi-Newbie
  • Y Gwyr Yn Erbyn Byd
Greetings, everyone!  Yes, I fear it's yet another newbie come to join your ranks, but I think I may earn my keep... or then again, possibly not... I happened across this site entirely by accident as I was researching something for a friend, which I will inquire about within the proper forum, but found myself intrigued, as I've been teaching myself classical and ancient greek for several years now.  Er, the alphabets themselves and proper grammar, that is, not the actual language, as I couldn't begin to guess at how to pronounce 95% of what I write. In any case, it's an honor to be here and I look forward to picking everyone's brains!
I may wish that I knew certain things I do not, and I may wish that I did not know certain things that I do, but this do I know and am glad of it:  Reality is subjective.  Truth is not.  And yea, I shall hold the truth above all things without exception.  ~Y Gwyr Yn Erbyn Byd~

wings

• Global Moderator
  • Vicky Papaprodromou
Hello, Talantus. Welcome to Translatum!

Thank you so much for all kind words. We are glad to have you "in our ranks" and I hope you'll enjoy your stay here.:-)

Talantus

• Semi-Newbie
  • Y Gwyr Yn Erbyn Byd
Thank you, wings!  I appreciate the welcome, and I've already been enjoying myself immensely just poking around... this is a truly invaluable resource!  I must say that I'm duly impressed ~grin~
I may wish that I knew certain things I do not, and I may wish that I did not know certain things that I do, but this do I know and am glad of it:  Reality is subjective.  Truth is not.  And yea, I shall hold the truth above all things without exception.  ~Y Gwyr Yn Erbyn Byd~

F_idάνι

And also... we don't fear the newbies! Who knows... We can pick their brains, too, he he he...
Welcome, Talantus, we're honored to hear your thoughts :-)

λinaπ

• Love my dog, love me
... and I look forward to picking everyone's brains!

Pick away, dear new friend, our brains are here for the picking (what the heat of recent weeks has not scrambled, anyway!) and welcome to our midst!
Λίνα Παπαδοπούλου

mousafiris

• Περικλής ο καλοκαιρινός
Ave, Talantus! Hope you enjoy your "picking" and "poking"! We're here, to make your life easier and more pleasant. So welcome to our cuckoo's nest.
We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.

mavrodon

Greetings and welcome, dear Talantus (I wonder why you have chosen such a username). I see that you live in Colorado. I have never been there. The closest I have been to your beautiful state is Lake Powel and then past Page, Arizona on the way to Grand Canyon and Las Vegas.

NadiaF

• ناديا فامي
  • Γιατί να το κρύψω; Ναι, είμαι μία φελάχα!
Welcome, Talantus!!!

Pick and poke away as much as you please... after all that's why this site was created, for all inquisitive minds ;-)

And, of course, we are not averse to having a good time as well in this cuckoo's nest!!!
Μην κοιμάσαι, είναι επικίνδυνο. Μην ξυπνήσεις, θα το μετανοιώσεις!
Nadia-Anastasia Fahmi

Talantus

• Semi-Newbie
  • Y Gwyr Yn Erbyn Byd
Oh!  What welcome, it is astonishing!  Thank you all, truly. for making me feel so at home... and aye, Nadia, I have greatly enjoyed my picking and poking up to now :-)  Now... what is this about no aversions to having a good time?  Eeeexcellent... though I find I am more difficult to amuse these days than in earlier, more innocent times.  Ah well, so it goes, I s'pose.

Mavrodon, thank you, and you really should visit this state if ever you have the opportunity.  It is truly beautiful here, though I've spent enough time here that I've become somewhat jaded to its grandeur... still, I cannot be so foolish as to deny its breathtaking beauty at times.  As for my username... *shrug* it is mine.  'Tis not my given name, but I've known for as far as my memory stretches that it is my name.  I've attempted to narrow its origins many times with limited success.... do you know?  The tone with which you 'speak' suggests that you do; if so, then please do share whatever knowledge you may have!

Mousafiris... aye, I too have been feeling that bloody heat... it's been 100+ here for weeks, which is practically unheard-of... and definitely a bit of a trial to endure, as we're not really used to dealing with it.  Strange times for us... harsh winter, harsh summer...

And, F_idάνι, by all means pick my brain... if you discover anything of use whilst you're in there, would you let me know? :-P

Thank you, all.

λinaπ, thank you... Gods know it's rare enough these days that anyone tries to make our lives easier...

Search Tools