vivir con miedo es como vivir a medias -> a life lived in fear is a life half lived

Ephialtes

• Semi-Newbie
G'day I was wondering if I could the following translated into ancient Greek. " a life lived in fear is a life half lived". cheers E
« Last Edit: 29 Apr, 2020, 12:59:34 by spiros »

billberg23

• Words ail me.
This is a wonderful old Spanish proverb:  "Vivir con miedo es como vivir en medias."  It should be preserved in its original language, not forced into a dead language.  Besides, in Greek you could never reproduce the miedo-medias alliteration.

Ephialtes

• Semi-Newbie

cheers billberg. I've been having a difficult time and needed a quote to help strengthen my resolve in moving forward in my life and overcoming a couple obstacles to put it lightly.

thanks for taking the time in answer my question.
all the best.  Ephialtes

spiros

• Administrator
  • point d’amour
Well-spotted, Bill. The correct quote is: "Vivir con miedo es como vivir a medias"

Scott: Look, a beginner has no right to approach an Open Amateur.
Fran: Yeah, well an Open Amateur has no right to dance non-Federation steps, but you did, didn't you?
Scott: But that's different.
Fran: *How* is it different? You're just like the rest of them! You think you're different, but you're not, because you're just, you're just really scared! You're really scared to give someone new a go, because you think, you know, they might just be better than you are! Well, you're just pathetic, and you're gutless. You're a gutless wonder! Vivir con miedo, es como vivir a medias!
Share this quote
Fran: A life lived in fear is a life half lived.
Share this quote
Fran: What happened to a life lived in fear and all that stuff?
Scott: Fran...
Fran: You really are a gutless wonder!
Scott: There's a reason for this.
Fran: I don't want to hear!
Scott: Listen to me!
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0105488/quotes
« Last Edit: 09 Jan, 2011, 02:14:06 by spiros »

Search Tools