Greek Font in Web Browser

Roland · 3 · 3497

Roland

• Semi-Newbie
Hello.  Nice forum!

I have a question regarding verb form of a classical Greek word whose conjugation I do not recognize, and I would like to be able to enter the Greek text itself in the subject box.  I have installed Greek fonts on my computer and have installed a keyboard management utility such that I am able to type Greek fonts in a Word document, for example.

Please indicate how I can enter Greek fonts in my web browser for this forum.

Thanks!

treandafilia

• Eις μνήμην της Treandafilia Groves (1841-1875)
Sounds like you have already taken the necessary first steps, and are able to write Greek characters in a Word document.

You didn't say whether the forum posts written by other members show any Greek fonts correctly, but my browser font is set to Western (ISO-8859-1) - don't know if that is important or critical.

I don't think you need to do anything else ... when you want to type in Greek, whether in a word document or in a forum text input box, just switch the language to Greek και να ... you are typing in Greek.

As long as you don't go in for fancy convoluted paragraph formatting, you should also be able to copy and paste text from your Greek Word document into the forum.

Try it and see! Let us know what happens. I am sure we can get you up and running.
What's in a name? That which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet;

Kallos

• Semi-Newbie
Hey Roland,

did you try typing the greek word into the subject box? What happened? Actually its supposed to work...

Search Tools