subsidiary fraternity motto

michaelpkt

• Semi-Newbie
[secret]
« Last Edit: 04 Aug, 2011, 18:31:28 by billberg23 »

billberg23

• Words ail me.
Welcome to the Forum, Michael!
Your motto doesn't make much sense as you transcribe it.  We suspect an error in transcription at some point in its transmission.  If it read Ἄξιός ἐστι τῆς νίκης,  it would mean "He is worthy of the victory."  But maybe you'd better tell us what it's supposed to mean in English, and we'll probably be able to fix it for you!

michaelpkt

• Semi-Newbie
-
« Last Edit: 01 Aug, 2011, 00:18:29 by michaelpkt »

billberg23

• Words ail me.
Literally, your Greek words say "... he is worthy, or [or than] the victory."  It seems like the tail end of a sentence that might say something like "He is worthy of winning either the XXX, or the victory" or "He is worthy of winning XXX (e.g., the praise) rather than the victory."  Now, it occurs to me that the true motto of the fraternity is in the words that begin with phi, kappa, and tau, correct?  Could your "subsidiary" motto be a continuation and completion of the true motto?
« Last Edit: 30 Jul, 2011, 16:16:50 by billberg23 »

michaelpkt

• Semi-Newbie
that's an interesting idea.  I can't comment on our letters even to the degree of confirming or denything that what you said makes sense (ritual secrets, i know it may seem silly to those not in the organization haha) but the connection you made isn't present in any ritual or information we use, either written or oral.  I wish I could say more since you've been so helpful.  Much appreciated.

Search Tools