The Go-Go's - Vacation (lyrics and video)

Frederique

• Creative, Hardworking and Able!

Can't seem to get my mind off of you
Back here at home there's nothin' to do
Now that I'm away
I wish I'd stayed
Tomorrow's a day of mine that you won't be in

When you looked at me I should've run
But I thought it was just for fun
I see I was wrong
And I'm not so strong
I should've known all along that time would tell

A week without you
Thought I'd forget
Two weeks without you and I
Still haven't gotten over you yet

Chorus
Vacation
All I ever wanted
Vacation
Had to get away
Vacation
Meant to be spent alone

A week without you
Thought I'd forget
Two weeks without you and I
Still haven't gotten over you yet

Chorus

The Go-Go’s are an all-female American rock band formed in 1978. They made history as the first all-female band that both wrote their own songs and played their own instruments to top the Billboard album charts.

The Go-Go's rose to fame during the early 1980s. Their debut album, Beauty and the Beat, is considered one of the "cornerstone albums of new wave" (Allmusic), breaking barriers and paving the way for a host of other new American acts. When the album was released, it steadily climbed the Billboard 200 chart, ultimately reaching number one, where it remained for six consecutive weeks. The L.P. sold in excess of three million copies and reached triple platinum status, making it one of the most successful debut albums ever. The Go-Go's have sold more than seven million albums.[…]

The follow-up album, Vacation received mixed reviews and sold far less than the Beauty and the Beat. However, the Album was certified Gold in the U.S. and spawned another top 10 US hit with the title track. Other singles released from the album were "Get Up and Go" and "He's So Strange", neither of which made it into the Top 40. In 1983 Vacation was nominated for a Grammy Award for Best Packaging. During the album's promotion the group was forced to go on hiatus when Schock underwent surgery for a congenital heart defect.[…]

Vacation is the second album by rock band The Go-Go's, released in 1982 on the I.R.S. Records label. The album got to #8 in the U.S. Billboard 200, and was certified gold. The "Vacation" title track was a U.S. summer smash, reaching #8 on the Billboard pop singles chart. The Go-Go's were riding high at the time of the album's first release, their future to all outward appearances looking bright. Future problems were beginning to take shape, as the members' drug use and internal fighting began to escalate.
« Last Edit: 26 Jul, 2011, 21:16:50 by Ion »
Communicate. Explore potentials. Find solutions.

Search Tools