Mozart - Symphony No. 29 - Wiener Philharmoniker - Karl Bohm

λinaπ

• Love my dog, love me
1st. Mov. - Allegro moderato

The Symphony No. 29 in A major, K. 201, was written by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart in 1774. It is, along with Symphony No. 25, one of his better known early symphonies. Stanley Sadie characterizes it as "a landmark ... personal in tone, indeed perhaps more individual in its combination of an intimate, chamber music style with a still fiery and impulsive manner."

The symphony follows classical form:

Allegro moderato
Andante
Menuetto: Allegretto – Trio
Allegro con spirito

The first movement is in sonata form, with a graceful principal theme characterized by an octave drop and ambitious horn passages. The second movement is scored for muted strings with limited use of the winds, and is also in sonata form. The third movement, a minuet, is characterized by nervous dotted rhythms and staccato phrases; the trio provides a more graceful contrast. The energetic last movement, another sonata-form movement in 6/8 time, connects back to the first movement with its octave drop in the main theme.

From Wikipedia
Λίνα Παπαδοπούλου

λinaπ

• Love my dog, love me
2nd. Mov. - Andante

Karl August Leopold Böhm (August 28, 1894 – August 14, 1981) was an Austrian conductor.

Born in Graz, Austria, Böhm studied law and earned a doctorate on this subject. He later studied music at the Graz Conservatory. On the recommendation of Karl Muck, Bruno Walter engaged him at Munich's Bavarian State Opera in 1921. Darmstadt (1927) and Hamburg (1931) were the next places he resided as a young conductor, before succeeding Fritz Busch as head of Dresden's Semper Opera in 1934. He secured a top post at the Vienna State Opera in 1943, eventually becoming music director.

Böhm's career prospered after the war, with his native country usually the focus of his work. The Vienna Philharmonic and the Salzburg Festival featured prominently. He additionally resumed ties in Dresden, at the Staatskapelle. He conducted at Bayreuth in 1966 and 1967, resulting in critically acclaimed recordings of the entire Ring cycle and also Tristan und Isolde. Late in life, he began a guest-conducting relationship with the London Symphony Orchestra (LSO) in a 1973 appearance with the LSO at the Salzburg Festival. He was given the title of LSO President, which he held until his death.

Also from Wikipedia
Λίνα Παπαδοπούλου

λinaπ

• Love my dog, love me

λinaπ

• Love my dog, love me

banned

Σ' ευχαριστώ, Αγγελική.

Δεν ξέρω αν αληθεύει η ιστορία που είχε διαβάσει πριν από πολλά χρόνια ο πατέρας μου. Κάποιος ήθελε να προσκυνήσει τον τάφο του Mozart αλλά ο μεγάλος συνθέτης είχε ταφεί σε έναν ομαδικό τάφο. Μην ανησυχείτε όμως, του είπαν, θα καταλάβετε ποιος είναι γιατί τα κόκαλα του λάμπουν.

Πάμε τώρα για το adagio του Αlbinoni.

Search Tools