Request for help concerning Studio 2009 to 2014 upgrade

elmak

• Eleni Makantani
Hello,

I have just upgraded from Studio 2009 to 2014. Now I'm faced with the IMPO HUGE problem of activating the product and getting it running.

I need to ask the following questions:
1. Can I keep and use 2007, 2009 and 2014 on the same PC?
2. Do I have to return the license of 2009 before activating 2014? Would this mean that I won't be able to use 2009 anymore?
3. How would Trados Suite 2007 (which I absolutely need to keep using) be affected by any license return (SDL Trados 2007 Suite Freelance - Free with version 2009)?

From the above, you might deduce that I am not the most well-informed individual in the world as regards Trados licencing and activation procedures, but really, my goal isn't to be well-informed, just to get the products working for good! I really consider the whole SDL procedure to be user-unfriendly (even hostile). Also, in the past, after a HD reformatting, when I had to ask help from the SDL online chat support, my request wasn't particularly welcome by their rep. In my mind, when you set up a difficult mechanism to protect your copyright, then you should be prepared to support your clients, even more when you know you are dealing with professionals.

Again, thank you for any support and every answer will be much appreciated!

spiros

• Administrator
  • point d’amour
Contact the seller?

You’re entitled to free help on installation and licensing issues, even if you don’t have a support contract. To contact SDL, go to the Solution Finder and troubleshoot your problem or log a support request.
How to transfer SDL Trados Studio to a new computer | Signs & Symptoms of Translation

Trados Suite 2007 is a different product and not affected by Studio licenses.
http://www.sdl.com/products/sdl-trados-studio/faqs.html#tag12

elmak

• Eleni Makantani
Thank you so much!

The seller's answer on the live chat service was "sorry, we are not technical support here". My support e-mail hasn't been answered yet.
SDL have a very special talent at making an otherwise calm person, furious!

Ευχαριστώ και συγγνώμη για τη γκρίνια!

spiros

• Administrator
  • point d’amour

Search Tools