request the floor (RTF) -> ζητώ τον λόγο, ζητώ το λόγο, ζητάω τον λόγο, ζητάω το λόγο

spiros · 3 · 1162

spiros

• Administrator
  • point d’amour
Και φυσικά, όχι ζητώ ένα πάτωμα.

To request a floor during a PTT session, click and release the remote control button on the dashboard.
To release the floor, click and release the dashboard button

—noun:   the inside lower horizontal surface (as of a room or hallway) (Example: "They needed rugs to cover the bare floors")
—noun:   structure consisting of a room or set of rooms comprising a single level of a multilevel building
—noun:   a large room in a stock exchange where the trading is done (Example: "He is a floor trader")
—noun:   the legislative hall where members debate and vote and conduct other business (Example: "There was a motion from the floor")
—noun:   the parliamentary right to address an assembly (Example: "The chairman granted him the floor")
—noun:   a lower limit (Example: "The government established a wage floor")
—noun:   the occupants of a floor (Example: "The whole floor complained about the lack of heat")
—noun:   the bottom surface of any a cave or lake etc.
—noun:   the ground on which people and animals move about (Example: "The fire spared the forest floor")
—verb:   surprise greatly; knock someone's socks off (Example: "I was floored when I heard that I was promoted")
—verb:   knock down with force
« Last Edit: 19 May, 2015, 21:29:31 by spiros »

Zazula

• Λεξιλάγνος λογοπαίκτης
  • Αθεράπευτος πομφολυγτόπιξ
Φρονώ ότι το άρθρο είναι πάντα οριστικό σε αυτή την περίπτωση και ποτέ αόριστο: have the floor, grant the floor, request the floor, take the floor.
Zazula: γλυφός και τσαγανός σαν κουτσουκέλα

WRITING STYLE GUIDELINES
1. Be more or less specific.
2. It's not O.K. to use ampersands & abbreviations.
3. Exaggeration is a million times worse than understatement.
4. Parenthetical remarks (however relevant) are to be avoided.

Search Tools