no one will be any the wiser -> κανείς δεν θα καταλάβει, κανείς δεν θα πάρει πρέφα, κανείς δεν θα δώσει σημασία, κανείς δεν θα πάρει πρέφα, κανείς δεν θα χαμπαριάσει, ούτε γάτα ούτε ζημιά

kingofnowhere

Σας χαιρετώ... θα ήθελα γνώμες για την ακριβή μετάφραση της έννοιας που εμπεριέχεται στο «no one the wiser».

Σας ευχαριστώ!
« Last Edit: 18 May, 2012, 13:44:47 by crystal »
...και ξανά βρήκε το νόημα, της υλακής του ο σκύλος

wings

• Global Moderator
  • Vicky Papaprodromou
Καλημέρα, kingofnowhere, και καλώς ήρθες στο Translatum.

Θα σε παρακαλέσω να διαβάσεις προσεκτικά τους κανόνες του φόρουμ (υπάρχει σχετικό κουμπί στην κορφή κάθε σελίδας μας) και να μη χρησιμοποιείς Greeklish.

Πάμε τώρα στην ερώτησή σου:

no one will be any the wiser
something that you say which means that no one will notice something bad that someone has done. Take the label off the jar and say you made it yourself. No one will be any the wiser.
http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/no+one+will+be+any+the+wiser

Ένας άλλος κανόνας μας λέει ότι στις ερωτήσεις μας πρέπει να δίνουμε συμφραζόμενα για να μπορέσουμε να πάρουμε όσο το δυνατόν ακριβέστερη μετάφραση. Δώσε μας, λοιπόν, κι εσύ την πρόταση ή και την παράγραφό σου ολόκληρη.

vmelas

Definition of "none the wiser". Source
1. to fail to understand something. Isabel must have explained her idea three times to me, but I'm afraid I'm none the wiser. If you take the label off the jar and say you made it yourself, your guests won't be any the wiser.
2. to not be aware of something. The health department gave the restaurant a health warning, but customers were none the wiser.
Usage notes: often said about efforts to be sure that no one is aware: I figured I could just get rid of the stuff, and you'd be none the wiser.

Translating it thus would be :

1. ... και αυτός (ή) πέρα βρέχει / δε σκαμπάζω
2. .. και κανείς δε θα το καταλάβει / πάρει πρέφα / χαμπαριάσει / δε θα το "πιάσει".

If we had more of the text, I think, we could provide you with a more accurate translation. In general though I think these could be used as equivalents. As Vicky indicated, please do read the rules; by providing more information and context you help us help you in return.

kingofnowhere

As Lesley walked away, Stefen pointed the camera at himself. ''Never pass up an opportunity, Stealthy Stefen says. This thing will be on eBay as soon as i can get back online.'' The camera bobbled as Stefen lowered it to the ground. Moon saw him pick up a canister and stuff it into his backpack. He lifted the camera again. Focusing it on his face, he raised and lowered his eyebrows like Groucho Marx. ''No one the wiser.'' With the camera still recording, Stefen maneuvered through the passageways until he caught up to Lesley.

Σας ευχαριστώ για την άμεση ανταπόκριση και την υπομονή σας.
« Last Edit: 08 Jul, 2008, 11:02:01 by wings »
...και ξανά βρήκε το νόημα, της υλακής του ο σκύλος

vmelas

Σε ευχαριστούμε για το επιπλέον κείμενο. Πιστεύω ότι ταιριάζει στο κείμενό σου η απόδοση 2 που έδωσα. Ο τόνος, δηλαδή το εάν θα επιλέξεις "καταλάβει" ή "πάρει πρέφα" ή "χαμπαριάσει", θα πρέπει να γίνει ανάλογα με το ύφος του υπόλοιπου διηγήματος.

Search Tools