I am sorry, please forgive me. Thank you. I love you -> μεταμέλει μοι καὶ παραιτοῦμαι· σοὶ χάριν οἶδα· σὲ φιλῶ.

thonyc1968

• Semi-Newbie
hi,
this is a sort of mantra from ancient hawaian practicesis called Ho oponopono aimed to support harmonious relationships between people, nature and Spirit. It has a great psycologycal, emotional and phisical healing power and therefore I would like to tattoo it on my skin.
You can consider the personal pronouns in this sentence as masculine.
Thank you
« Last Edit: 21 Dec, 2012, 18:21:32 by billberg23 »

billberg23

• Words ail me.
I am sorry, please forgive me:  μεταμέλει μοι καὶ παρακαλώ ἵνα μοι συγγνώμην ἔχῃς.
Thank you:  σοὶ χάριν οἶδα.
I love you:  σὲ φιλῶ.
« Last Edit: 21 Dec, 2012, 18:22:04 by billberg23 »

thonyc1968

• Semi-Newbie
thanx very much for translating it.
if i would want to take out the "please" that would be καὶ παρακαλώ ἵνα, is that right?
just because it might be too long for me

billberg23

• Words ail me.
if i would want to take out the "please" that would be καὶ παρακαλώ ἵνα, is that right?
That wouldn't work, but you could shorten the whole phrase by replacing παρακαλώ ἵνα μοι συγγνώμην ἔχῃς with συγγνώμην παραιτοῦμαι or simply παραιτοῦμαι.
« Last Edit: 17 Dec, 2012, 16:18:51 by billberg23 »

thonyc1968

• Semi-Newbie
hello,
could you please add the word Lord (as in god) to the following sentence -> μεταμέλει μοι καὶ συγγνώμην παραιτοῦμαι· σέ φιλῶ· σοί χάριν οἶδα.
also, I changed the order of some words: I put "I love you" before "thank you". would just changing the order work?

thank you very much

billberg23

• Words ail me.

Search Tools