welcome to the Greek Olympics -> καλώς ορίσατε στους Ολυμπιακούς Αγώνες της Ελλάδας

Guest · 3 · 4149

renee

Hi there.

I am a reference volunteer at the Internet Public Library (www.ipl.org) and was wondering if anyone could possibly help me out with a translation needed for a student's Social Studies project.

She needs to know how to say the following phrase in Greek:

"Welcome to the Greek Olympics!  We will be doing the hammertoss, sprint, and the longjump today."

Also, if anyone has any suggestions for some good English to Greek translation sites that could also be of help to the student it would be most appreciated!

Thank you for your help!
Renee
« Last Edit: 02 May, 2016, 10:08:35 by spiros »

renee

Hi again.  If I could also get a pronunciation of the translation that would be really helpful.  Thanks again!
« Last Edit: 22 Nov, 2004, 13:34:02 by spiros »

Offline wings

• Global Moderator
  • Vicky Papaprodromou
    • vicky.papaprodromou
    • @hellenic_wings
    • hellenicwings
    • Βίκυ Παπαπροδρόμου: ό,τι πολύ αγάπησα (ποίηση, πεζογραφία & μουσική)
Hi Renee.

To start with the translation:

"Καλώς ορίσατε στους Ολυμπιακούς Αγώνες της Ελλάδας! Σήμερα θα διεξαχθούν τα αγωνίσματα της σφυροβολίας, των δρόμων ταχύτητας και του άλματος εις μήκος."

[Ka'los o'risate stus Olimpia'kus A'yones ("y" as in yesterday) tis E'ladas! 'simera tha ("th" as in theatre) δiexah'thun ("δ" as in there) ta ayo'nismata tis sfirovo'lias, ton 'δromon ta'hititas ke tu 'almatos is 'mikos."

As for translation sites, you have already entered our site "Translatum" which can be of utmost help to the student. Just browse it and enjoy it!!!

« Last Edit: 22 Nov, 2004, 13:34:22 by spiros »

Search Tools