Alfonso Cuarón, David Heyman

Written byAlfonso Cuarón, Jonás Cuarón

Starring
Sandra Bullock, George Clooney

Music by Steven Price

Cinematography
Emmanuel Lubezki

Gravity: The Glory of Cinema’s Future
George Clooney is Buzz Lightyear and Sandra Bullock is Space Goddessy in Alfonso Cuar‪ón's epic adventure of survival
NASA scientist Ryan Stone (Sandra Bullock) floats above earth outside her shuttle like a fetus in the womb of space. The ship is her metallic mother; her lifeline is the umbilical cord. She can see her partner in the project, astronaut Matt Kowalski (George Clooney), who communicates through radio; but Ryan, with her space-suit placenta, is an image of humanity alone among the stars—majestic and vulnerable. An artist as well as an explorer, she mimes a dancer’s slow, graceful tumbling maneuvers. In the Space Odyssey that is Alfonso Cuar‪ón’s Gravity, Ryan is Space Goddessy.

An epic of desperate peril and profound wonder, Gravity provides the same blast of awe that greeted Ang Lee’s Life of Pi last year. Both are thrilling 3-D dramas of survival in a hostile environment, testaments to human grit and groundbreaking technical ingenuity. Like Pi, Gravity deserves to be seen once for the wow factor and a second time to try to figure out how Cuar‪ón and his technical savants managed to make the impossible seem so cinematically plausible. No one dared even to imagine this before, yet here it is, vividly and sumptuously realized.

Review: 'Gravity': The Glory of Cinema's Future | TIME.com

Don’t Even Read This Article. Just Go See Gravity
During a particularly eye-popping scene in the astonishing new space thriller Gravity, I thought I saw my boyfriend, who was sitting next to me in the theater, yawn. For that fraction of a second, I questioned everything I knew about him, our relationship, and most damningly, his taste in movies. When I turned to look, however, I realized that his jaw was simply hanging open.
It’s a far more appropriate response to one of the most astonishing cinematic spectacles ever created.
“How in the hell did they do that?” we wondered, walking out of the theater later. This is the sort of movie that inspires those kinds of conversations, that kind of awe. And if you’re the sort of movie viewer who would rather walk into an extremely memorable movie experience completely cold, then do yourself a favor: Stop reading now, buy a ticket to see the movie this weekend in 3-D (IMAX preferred), and get ready to have your mind blown.
[…]

Don't Even Read This Article. Just Go See Gravity | Underwire | Wired.com

Gravity είναι αμερικανικό περιπετειώδης θρίλερ επιστημονικής φαντασίας παραγωγής 2013. Τη σκηνοθεσία ανέλαβε ο Αλφόνσο Κουαρόν και το σενάριο έγραψε ο ίδιος μαζί με τον Τζόνας Κουαρόν. Η ταινία αφηγείται την ιστορία δύο αστροναυτών που επιζούν μετά από την καταστροφή ενός διαστημικού σταθμού και εγκλωβίζονται στο διάστημα. Πρωταγωνιστούν οι Σάντρα Μπούλοκ και Τζορτζ Κλούνεϊ.

Ο Κουαρόν έγραψε το σενάριο σε συνεργασία με το γιο του Τζόνας και προσπάθησε να αναπτύξει το πρότζεκτ στη Universal. Αφού τα δικαιώματα του πρότζεκτ προχώρησαν προς πώληση, η παραγωγή της ταινίας ξεκίνησε στη Warner Bros.. Το στούντιο προσέγγισε πολλές ηθοποιούς πριν ο ρόλος καταλήξει στη Μπούλοκ ενώ ο Ρόμπερτ Ντάουνι Τζούνιορ είχε αρχικά υπογράψει για τον ανδρικό πρωταγωνιστικό ρόλο πριν αντικατασταθεί από τον Κλούνεϊ.

https://el.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravity_%28%CF%84%CE%B1%CE%B9%CE%BD%CE%AF%CE%B1%29
Communicate. Explore potentials. Find solutions.

Search Tools