• Semi-Newbie
Need
Jason and the Argonauts =?
and
Ralph and the Argonauts = ?
« Last Edit: 04 Sep, 2006, 00:54:01 by spiros »

Offline NadiaF

• ناديا فامي
  • Γιατί να το κρύψω; Ναι, είμαι μία φελάχα!
Jason and the Argonauts = ο Ιάσων και οι Αργοναύτες

I have never heard of Ralph and the Argonauts, but I think it would be "ο Ραλφ και οι Αργοναύτες"
Μην κοιμάσαι, είναι επικίνδυνο. Μην ξυπνήσεις, θα το μετανοιώσεις!
Nadia-Anastasia Fahmi

Offline Πρωτέαs

• Χορέψετε, χορέψετε, παπούτσια μη λυπάστε!
Is this about the Toronto Argonauts and Brett Ralph?
Το ότι κάποιοι ζουν στον ίδιο χώρο, δεν σημαίνει ότι ζουν και στον ίδιο χρόνο ή τουλάχιστον ότι βιώνουν τον χρόνο με τον ίδιο τρόπο. Αυτό δεν κάνει τον κόσμο χειρότερο, απλώς πιο πολύπλοκο. σα(ρε)μάλι

14.   Ναι, βεβαίως. Σων, φέρε τα λεφτά του Ανθόνιο.

Offline c19

• Semi-Newbie
No our soccer team name is "Ralph and the Argonauts", Ralph is our team captain/manager i think.

Was looking to put on the jerseys the team name in greek because it would look cool.

what is the significance of that "o" in front of the translation phrase? Is it necessary?
« Last Edit: 01 Sep, 2006, 22:18:31 by c19 »

Offline banned8

1. I think you should go for upper case on the jerseys, i.e. Ο ΡΑΛΦ ΚΑΙ ΟΙ ΑΡΓΟΝΑΥΤΕΣ.

2. The 'O' in front of the name is the same as the 'OI' in front of the Argonauts – an article. Proper names have articles in Greek.

3. Have a look at this link: https://www.translatum.gr/forum/index.php?topic=6949239.msg24826#msg24826. Download the PDF with the selection of typefaces. Choose a typeface and let us know whether you would like your team's name in upper or lower case.

Offline c19

• Semi-Newbie
All of those look really cool, you are probably right the all Upper case is bigger and easier to make out on shirt. The bolder/bigger characters are best.
I like the Lithos pro bold, garamond bold, Chianti, Palatino bold, and Siniaticus.
The problem is formatting on the shirt, I have been using MS Word to format the stuff n play around with it to print off on 1 of those cheap iron-ons sheets for testing purposes. Are those fonts you showed me available for free?

Offline banned8

Ο ΡΑΛΦ
ΚΑΙ ΟΙ
ΑΡΓΟΝΑΥΤΕΣ
[/font]

Palatino Linotype is the font you should have with your Windows. How about this formatting?

Offline c19

• Semi-Newbie

Offline banned8

Right! Looks great.

Ο ΡΑΛΦ ΚΑΙ
ΟΙ
ΑΡΓΟΝΑΥΤΕΣ
[/font]

You can also try some of the fonts for the new Windows available at this link.

Offline banned8

Sorry, C19, Lithos Pro is an Adobe typeface and is not freely available. A GIF is the best I can do for you in this case.

Offline c19

• Semi-Newbie
alright cool i got my friend with that font to print it out for me,
Now i need to know if theres any cool Logos in a blue or orange or black for the soccer/football team with the theme of Argonauts/Jason. I know theres a CFL football team toronto argonauts, wondering if anyone knew of a cool logo for our team?
I also seen some shield designs for video games, nothing able to print out on a shirt though. Any help appreciated.
« Last Edit: 04 Sep, 2006, 01:11:55 by c19 »

Offline banned8

Hey, C19 – this is the language department, not the creative one!

I don't know what you have in mind, but I tried to think of P and A (the Greek initials) forming a boat (something like the Argo here), but I came up with something that looks like a whale with a sail mast stuck on it. (And I'd better stick to my linguistic skills, not give up the day job, and the rest — I know.)

Search Tools