εργασίες διαμόρφωσης και αξιοποίησης του εξωτερικού χώρου -> works to remodel and develop of the surrounding grounds, works for the planning and development of the surrounding grounds

aleka · 12 · 3112

aleka

• no rest for the wicked...
Με παιδεύουν καιρό αυτοί οι όροι, ιδιαίτερα όταν εμφανίζονται όλοι παρέα!

Σε παλαιότερο νήμα είχαμε αναφερθεί σε enhancement and remodelling https://www.translatum.gr/forum/index.php?topic=2693.0
τώρα όμως δεν μου κολλάνε.

Για περισσότερες πληροφορίες παραθέτω το κείμενό μου:

"Στο σπήλαιο έχουν πραγματοποιηθεί, ακόμη, εργασίες διαμόρφωσης και αξιοποίησης του εξωτερικού χώρου, στο πλαίσιο του προγράμματος Χ για την ανάδειξη των σπηλαιολογικών πάρκων"

« Last Edit: 08 Jun, 2017, 09:24:43 by spiros »
Destruction leads to a very rough road, but it also breeds creation.

banned8

land clearing and development (work) on the surrounding grounds
landscaping για το πρώτο αν η διαμόρφωση παίρνει τις διαστάσεις του landscaping
refurbishment αν πρόκειται για ανακαίνιση

aleka

• no rest for the wicked...
Μα το πρόβλημά μου είναι ότι δεν λέει τι ακριβώς είναι ή τι ακριβώς περιλαμβάνουν αυτές οι εργασίες. Η διαμόρφωση μπορεί να είναι άπειρα πράγματα, το ίδιο και η αξιοποίηση. Μπορεί να φτιάχνουν από παγκάκια για τους επισκέπτες μέχρι και κυλικείο ή κάποιο μονοπάτι που να διευκολύνει την πρόσβαση. Αυτά εμένα μου κάνουν και τα δύο σε development, από την άλλη όμως δεν τολμάω να πάρω τέτοιους είδους ελευθερίες στο κείμενό μου και να μεταφράσω και τους δύο όρους με έναν, γιατί θα πέσει χατζάρα.

Μην με παίρνετε στα σοβαρά πάντως, είναι αργά κι είμαι διαλυμένη! Μπορεί αύριο όλα να μου βγάζουν περισσότερο νόημα.
Το refurbishment πάντως δεν κολλάει ούτε με logo στιγμής στη συγκεκριμένη περίπτωση -ούτε καν στην ξενυχτισμένη φαντασία μου!
Destruction leads to a very rough road, but it also breeds creation.

treandafilia

• Eις μνήμην της Treandafilia Groves (1841-1875)
Θα επιθυμούσα να επισημάνω ότι δεν υπάρχει καμία αναφορά του "planning" στην αρχική φράση.  Επομένως, για να περιλάβουμε τη λέξη "planning" δίνει μία λανθασμένη εντύπωση!

Works to alter and improve the exterior grounds.
What's in a name? That which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet;

spiros

• Administrator
  • point d’amour
Θα επιθυμούσα να επισημάνω ότι δεν υπάρχει καμία αναφορά του "planning" στην αρχική φράση.  Επομένως, για να περιλάβουμε τη λέξη "planning" δίνει μία λανθασμένη εντύπωση

Το planning ενέχει την έννοια της διαμόρφωσης
1 the process of making plans for something. 2 the control of urban development by a local government authority.
http://www.askoxford.com/concise_oed/planning?view=uk

To make a plan of (something existing, esp. a piece of ground or a building); to delineate upon or by means of a plan; to plot down, lay down. Also, to construct (a plan or diagram).
1748 Anson's Voy. Introd. 7 Employed in drawing such coasts, and planning such harbours, as the ship should touch at.
1764 in Picton L'pool Munic. Rec. (1886) II. 221 Ordered that Mr. Eyes do plan the Corporation Estate, and colour it.
1828 Hutton Course Math. II. 66 Set down the measures properly in a field-book_and plan them after returning from the field, by laying down all the lines and angles.
1904 M. R. James Ghost-stories Antiq. 184 It occurred to me that_very few of the English preceptories have ever been properly planned.
b. To mark out into divisions as in a plan or diagram (said in pass. of natural structures). nonce-use.
1835_6 Todd's Cycl. Anat. I. 248/1 The bone itself is planned out into small circular dimples.
2. To make a plan of (something, esp. a building, to be constructed); hence, to devise, contrive, design (a building or other material thing to be constructed).
1728 Pope Dunc. i. 272 Here she plann'd th' Imperial seat of Fools.
1789 G. White Selborne (1853) 3 Plan the pavilion, airy, light, and true.
1823 P. Nicholson Pract. Build. 188 In planning a large edifice, particular attention must be paid to the situation of the stairs.
1893 Courtney in Academy 13 May 413/1 The gardens were planned by the best landscape gardeners of the day.
3. a. To devise, contrive, design (something to be done, or some action or proceeding to be carried out); to scheme, project, arrange beforehand. Also with on, out, obj. clause, or absol.
1737 Pope Hor. Epist. ii. i. 374 We needs will write Epistles to the King;_Be call'd to Court to plan some work divine.
1777 C. Reeve Champion of Virtue 93 Some are born to plan, others to execute.
1782 F. Burney Cecilia v. xi, Cecilia the whole time was planning how to take her leave.
1804 Wordsw. _She was a Phantom of Delight' iii, A perfect Woman, nobly planned, To warn, to comfort, and command.
1860 Tyndall Glac. i. xvii. 121 We had planned an ascent of Monte Rosa together.
1868 Freeman Norm. Conq. II. x. 470 Never was a campaign more ably planned.
1873 _S. Coolidge' What Katy Did xi. 230 Few visitors came to interrupt her, so she could plan out her hours and keep to the plans.
1896 C. M. Sheldon His Brother's Keeper v. 107 When Aunt Royal comes, I mean to plan for something besides all this.
1918 Dialect Notes V. 20 Planned on going, planned to go.
1926 Amer. Oxonian July 99 If I were planning on going after a Rhodes Scholarship next year, I should read a great deal on foreign affairs.
1936 L. C. Douglas White Banners ix. 195 We had not planned on such a large house.
1963 M. Shadbolt in C. K. Stead N.Z. Short Stories (1966) 314 We don't plan on any drinking.
1977 H. Kaplan Damascus Cover iv. 35 Ari pressed for a date when he could plan on going abroad.
b. To arrange for or include in a plan; spec. in Methodism, to include a preacher in a plan (plan n. 1 c).
OED
« Last Edit: 02 Jun, 2006, 12:10:00 by spiros »

treandafilia

I'm sorry, I don't agree.  Most of the snippets you attach are evidence of my point of view.  To plan something is to sit round a table with pencils and paper, to make drawings of what you are going to do, discuss, debate, argue, ponder, pontificate, etc, etc.  No real work need be done at this stage.  This meaning I believe to be totally absent from within the Greek word "διαμόρφωσης" which is just modelling, shaping, forming, etc.

banned8

Της νύχτας τα καμώματα. Δεν εξηγούμαστε καλά και παρεξηγούμαστε.

Διαμορφώνω το χώρο: του δίνω τη μορφή που έχει αποφασιστεί ότι είναι κατάλληλη για τη χρήση
Αξιοποιώ το χώρο: εκμεταλλεύομαι τις δυνατότητες που μου παρέχει έτσι ώστε να φτάσει στο υψηλότερο σημείο της απόδοσής του

Είχε προταθεί από προηγούμενη φορά το remodelling για τη διαμόρφωση και πρότεινα και κάποιες εναλλακτικές διατυπώσεις, εξηγώντας στα γρήγορα τι σημαίνει η καθεμιά (όχι για την Αλέκα, αλλά γιατί βλέπουν κι άλλοι τα νήματα).

Επειδή η Αλέκα δεν ήταν βέβαιη για τη συγκεκριμένη σημασία της ελληνικής "διαμόρφωσης", δηλαδή τι είδους εργασίες περιλαμβάνει (το ελληνικό λέει: "εργασίες"), της πρότεινα αυτό που έλεγε μια μετάφραση της ΕΕ (που στο κάτω κάτω κατά λέξη σημαίνει "σχεδίαση και ανάπτυξη"), επειδή είναι ένα πολύ συνηθισμένο, γενικό και αόριστο, κλισέ. Σχεδιάσανε τη νέα μορφή του χώρου και την εφαρμόσανε. Δεν λέει τις ίδιες λέξεις, αλλά στο κάτω κάτω λέει το ίδιο πράγμα. Άλλωστε, πριν κάτσουν να κάνουν τη διαμόρφωση, τη σχεδιάσανε.

Με την ασάφεια αυτή και την υποστήριξη της σελίδας της ΕΕ, είχε τουλάχιστον ήσυχο το κεφάλι της η Αλέκα. Και άλλωστε ακούγεται τόσο πιο βαρύγδουπο από ένα απλό "works to alter and improve". Σωστό είναι, αλλά ποιος πολιτικός και ποιος πολιτικός μηχανικός αρκείται σε τόσο απλές διατυπώσεις;

treandafilia

Σωστό είναι, αλλά ποιος πολιτικός και ποιος πολιτικός μηχανικός αρκείται σε τόσο απλές διατυπώσεις;

So, accuracy and fidelity to the original are sacrificed to impressive long words, stock phrases and cliches?  Are we getting paid by the word here?
« Last Edit: 02 Jun, 2006, 14:40:01 by nickel »

banned8

Search Tools