Author Topic: Der wpewei ra epia  (Read 3986 times)

johns_girl

Der wpewei ra epia
« on: 07 Apr, 2005, 19:32:44 »
I think this is what it says, somebody wrote a letter and I can't read the handwritting?

johns_girl

Der wpewei ra epia
« Reply #1 on: 07 Apr, 2005, 19:52:00 »
The R's might be v's and the w's might be d's?

wings

• Global Moderator
  • Vicky Papaprodromou
    • vicky.papaprodromou
    • @hellenic_wings
    • hellenicwings
    • Ποίηση, ποιητές, ποιήματα, Θεσσαλονίκη
Der wpewei ra epia
« Reply #2 on: 17 May, 2005, 15:51:05 »
It makes no sense to me, either way.

banned8

Der wpewei ra epia
« Reply #3 on: 17 May, 2005, 16:02:38 »
It looks like "Den prepei na" and what follows could be "einai", but it would help to know the rest of the line. In Greek: It shouldn't be/It mustn't be/It can't be (the 'be' being in doubt).

Angeliki

Der wpewei ra epia
« Reply #4 on: 17 May, 2005, 21:39:39 »
It could be "Den prepei na ipia" or "Δεν πρέπει να ήπια" in Greek characters meaning "I don't think I drank (too much)" or "I can't have drank (too much)" referring to a previous instance - possibly last night! The "too much" part is not actually written in the phrase but I believe - if this is the case - that we're talking about alcohol :-)
"Intolerance is a form of egoism"

banned8

Der wpewei ra epia
« Reply #5 on: 18 May, 2005, 01:22:31 »
Hpia (Drank) was the first thing that came to my mind too, Angeliki, but the Sherlock Holmes in me told me that p in wpewei stood for 'r', so we don't have Greeklish here but Greek cursive of some sort. So the 'einai' was off the top of my head, as a sensible short word that can follow "Den prepei".

Angeliki

Der wpewei ra epia
« Reply #6 on: 18 May, 2005, 11:29:40 »
It could be of course, we can never know until we are given the context. I just noticed my mistake! Of course, what I meant was "have drunk" instead of "drank". It seems like the person that drank too much last night was me just before writing this! :-))
"Intolerance is a form of egoism"