Author Topic: SDL Studio lets you merge files, but hey, you are not allowed to unmerge them...  (Read 276 times)

spiros

• Administrator
  • point d’amour
    • spiros.doikas
    • greektranslator
    • doikas
    • lavagraph
    • Greek translator CV
Studio lets you merge files, but hey, you are not allowed to unmerge them...

I created a project and added a number of already translated sdlxliff files (which I wanted to review). At that stage I merged them. I reviewed the project directly on the merged file.

I tried finalising, exporting, you name it, but nothing seems to populate the individual files with my edits. I only get the merged file as updated output.

This is indeed a very half-baked and dangerously misleading future by SDL Studio.

At the very least, the system should not allow one to merge the files in the first place, if unmerging is not an option! It is like a woman inviting you to bed, and as soon as you get there you get a kick in the teeth.

The discussion started here
https://community.sdl.com/solutions/language/translationproductivity/f/90/p/13063/45976

And the solution is:

You just select the files you wish to merge in the Files View and open for translation.  This will merge them together in the Editor in the order you selected them.  It's not a permanent merge, so the sdlxliff files you selected do not become one file that you could then send to others but they will all open as if they were one file in the editor.
« Last Edit: 16 Nov, 2017, 09:41:57 by spiros »