Author Topic: κατακτώ την κορυφή -> reach the peak, reach the summit, summit, reach for the sky, aim for the sky, shoot for the sky, be at the top of one's game  (Read 122 times)

giannis34y

• Semi-Newbie
Καλημέρα σε ολους!

Ποιος θα ήταν ο καλύτερος τρόπος να πούμε «Προχώρα μπροστά. Κατάκτησε την κορυφή».

Ή ακόμα «Προχώρα μπροστά και η κορυφή είναι δική σου».

Με την μεταφορική εννοια του όρου πάντα.
« Last Edit: 13 Aug, 2017, 09:59:40 by wings »

billberg23

• Words ail me.
I don't think we have exactly that expression in English.  A suggestion:  "Climb every mountain higher;  reach for the stars." ()
Τί δέ τις; Τί δ' οὔ τις; Σκιᾶς ὄναρ ἄνθρωπος. — Πίνδαρος

spiros

• Administrator
  • point d’amour
    • spiros.doikas
    • greektranslator
    • doikas
    • lavagraph
    • Greek translator CV
reach for the sky, be at the top of your game

be at the top of your game
(also be on top of your game) to be doing your job, especially playing a sport, very well
be at the top of your game | meaning of be at the top of your game in Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English | LDOCE

reach for the sky
1. To set one's goals or ambitions very high; to try to attain or achieve something particularly difficult. My parents always taught me to reach for the sky when I was growing up—that I could be anything I set my mind to! With all that money, you could do whatever you want. Reach for the sky, kiddo!
2. A command for one to put one's hands up in a show of surrender, as during a robbery or an arrest. Reach for the sky, MacAfee, we've got you surrounded!
Reach for the sky - Idioms by The Free Dictionary

https://english.stackexchange.com/questions/210106/a-word-for-reaching-the-top-of-a-hill-or-mountain
« Last Edit: 13 Aug, 2017, 09:12:32 by spiros »