eight ball gearshift -> λεβιές ταχυτήτων με διακοσμητική λαβ^

KaterinaV

μοχλός/λεβιές οχτώ ταχυτήτων;

« Last Edit: 23 Sep, 2006, 18:33:59 by spiros »
Strawberries cherries and an angel´s kiss in spring, my summer wine is really made from all these things...

diceman

• Talk less, say more.
Λεβιές ταχυτήτων με διακοσμητική λαβή απομίμηση μαύρης μπάλας (οχτάρας) του μπιλιάρδου.
Βασίλης Μπαμπούρης
meta|φραση School of Translation Studies

billberg23

• Words ail me.
No, it's a gearshift hand lever ("stick") that actually ends in a real eight-ball — from the game of pool, wherein balls with various numerals are struck by a stick on a table.   The goal of the game is to hit all the balls into holes, or "pockets," on the sides of the table.  The last ball must be the 8-ball.  If you accidentally hit the 8-ball into a pocket prematurely (before all the other balls have disappeared), you lose the game.  So a person who is generally a "loser" in life is said to be "behind the eight-ball."
So the hand of the driver grasps an actual eight-ball, instead of an ordinary knob, at the end of his transmission lever.  A driver who installs an eight-ball on the lever implies an ironic view of himself, as being "behind the eight-ball."

billberg23

• Words ail me.
Λυπάμαι, diceman, δεν μπόρεσα να το δώ το μήνυμα σου προτού να το στείλω το δικό μου!

diceman

• Talk less, say more.
Γιατί λυπάσαι; Μια χαρά πληροφορίες έδωσες. Πάντως, η μπάλα δεν είναι πάντοτε αυθεντική. Αρκετές φορές είναι μικρότερη, για να βολεύει στην αλλαγή ταχυτήτων.
Βασίλης Μπαμπούρης
meta|φραση School of Translation Studies

KaterinaV

Συγγνώμη για την αργοπορημένη απάντηση - δεν πρόλαβα να μπω νωρίτερα

Σας ευχαριστώ πολύ για την απόδοση και τις επεξηγήσεις :-)
Strawberries cherries and an angel´s kiss in spring, my summer wine is really made from all these things...

Search Tools